What is the best way to play a pair of AA

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a doubt, that it is better when you have a pocket A pair, to play dumb with a small raise to try to win some chips, or to put the box directly. I have tried both techniques, but many times by waiting for the flop, you give the other the option to hit something and with the allin, most of the time people fold.

Thank you very much.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position, stack, other players tendencies.

With AA, first factor is position. If you lead off and make a raise, like you said, others fold. If on the button, or close to it, a medium raise may work better than a small raise. You noted, better players will fold if they can sniff out a strong hand, disguised by a weak raise.
Medium raise isn't as easy of a read. If your AA is up against aggro players QQ, JJ, KK, they will make the full raise, and stay in the hand.
The advantage of the small or medium raise is that you bet, but aren't pot committed; you still have room to maneuver after the flop and turn if you don't connect.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends from the stack. If the game is at the start - all in , in the middle you can raise or rerise .

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Depends. Depends on the competition at the table, position,your chip stack, other players chip stack, big raise ahead of you, small raise ahead of you, raises behind you, are you ready to put all your chips at risk, live play or tournament. Factor all risk and reward and make the best decision you can.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a doubt, that it is better when you have a pocket A pair, to play dumb with a small raise to try to win some chips, or to put the box directly. I have tried both techniques, but many times by waiting for the flop, you give the other the option to hit something and with the allin, most of the time people fold.

Thank you very much.

If you think you can get somebody committed pre-flop then it always makes sense to do so. Just winning the blinds is usually OK, although early tournament stages pre-ante can be a bit disappointing so take everything into account.

However, most of the time it's not possible to get your opponent committed pre-flop - in these cases , just start building the pot and understand that the flop is just as likely to help you (if they catch up a little bit, say hitting top pair) as it is to hurt you.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on a mtt it depends on your stack and at what point in the game you hit your AA. because in some situations it is better to all-in preflop. especially when you have a bad image at the table. but in general you need 3 bet if you are the first to speak and 4 bet if one of your opponents has already raised. to avoid playing against too many opponents who can touch their flopes with trash hands. on a cash game, you need 9bet peflop to play against QQ or KK.

D

dianasamu245

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play tournaments and a couple of aces depends on the position, what happens even in the instance of the tournament, everything influences what types of players are at the table, establish a solid strategy based on the data and elements that you have at hand if not there is data
try to get the maximum value there is no magic recipe to play them everything goes hand in hand even luck

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
With pocket aces you only have one pair, so be prepared to let them go when faced with a lot of action or a major re raise on the flop.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually aggressive play is best, in my opinion, but totally depends on the situation; stack, position & other players. Slow playing too often backfires on you.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In all-in, there is more chance of continuing the game than raising and the fish will enter.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like limp in MTT in stacks bigger than 20bb. and push [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]otherwise[/COLOR]

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably you need to play AA as aggressively as possible in early and middle position, up to allin, in late positions you can probably play more calmly, making a middle raise, if someone raises to you, either fold or go allin. This may not always be in science, correct me, who disagrees?

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The stack, but also the position is very important.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
There are many ways to play the "AA" and of course we will have to consider some aspects such as what is your position? are you the first to act? or are there already several who have made bets? Either way "NEVER MAKE A SLOW PLAY WITH" AA "always be aggressive in your bets ...

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think they should be played exactly the same as any other hand. Villain shouldn't know if I'm playing AA or 22.

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that this should not be a big raise, you can scare a big one and everyone hits, you will take little.:hmmmm2: Negreanu said strong cards check, weak cards bluff raise.:)

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything in poker, it depends. But usually all the time I tend to be the agressor, I would never limp with AA, always go with the raise. Not every time you get the stronger hand in Poker, so you have to make value out of it!

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop RFI - minraise is my default
raise in front - 3B or smooth call if 25BB or under (especially IP with short stacks still to act)
facing a 3B - 4B or call depending on stack sizes and too many variables to list

Live poker ? announce to everyone you haven't looked at your cards and raise/shove all in (just kidding)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limp aces lol. There's nothing better than call an all in with them xD

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes limp this hand to give my opponents the opportunity to play aggressively.