What is the best thing to do?

fernando junior

fernando junior

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever happened to me, more than once, receiving AA in the first leg of a MTT and someone shoving before me; the call seems to be the correct move, but since I became ill more than one last occurrence vez.Na, UTG came all in and I paid MP, as well as the HJ, the BTN and SB.O HJ had QTo and won with a sequence of 8-Q.Então, a tournament starting situation, with others to speak after me, is considerable AA fold if someone bets everything, or whenever I take this call pre flop? Thanks.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to freerolls or lower buy ins..........
Its hard to loose in that way man.... Keep calm, just study a lot, see videos and you'll have sucess...
Better boards
bprpm

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like to fold the first round. This helps you get an idea where you win. It is also a good idea to play aces only about half the time. They win about that much of the time.

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is always call allin preflop 80% is yours... of course in freerols and cheap MTT people would shove with garbage...worse bad beat i had - early stage i raise utg+1 with AA and have a shove form unknown opp at MP for 150bb... easy call
he had 96o... and you know what? he rivered a straight... i got so tilted LOL

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to fold the first round. This helps you get an idea where you win. It is also a good idea to play aces only about half the time. They win about that much of the time.

Wait... what?

"You should only play Aces about half of the time because they win that much of the time", sounds like something Waterboat might say.

I'm inclined to agree Akwind that AA is always going to be a call. From time to time someone is going to get lucky and crack them, but of course that can happen to you with just about any hand. At least AA has a better chance of holding up than any other starting hand.

L

LizardDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold AA in very, very rare situations. I think ConRon is incorrect, AA has a bit of a higher winrate than 50% headsup. However, there are no guarantees and you must remember that poker is gambling.

All-in with AAs is a +EV move. You will win more than you lose.

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as it been said - you call with AA preflop shove at 100% some exclusions :
1. It is a statelite BUBBLE
2. you play very expensive mtt for your bankroll (maybe last money) and you need ITM as hell, and it is a bubble (*i would call anyway lol)
other situations - be happy and call any shove

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA has 85% vs anytwo range
vs very tight range (jj qq kk AKs AKo AQs AQo) it has even more 86%
think about it. you will win 85 times and your opp 15 times
i think it worth calling any shove

L

LizardDan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA has 85% vs anytwo range
vs very tight range (jj qq kk AKs AKo AQs AQo) it has even more 86%
think about it. you will win 85 times and your opp 15 times
i think it worth calling any shove

Definitely! The hand equity is too strong to fold, unfortunately however, human nature takes over if we lose once with AA. We get unsure and overreact to the negative stimulus.