What is the best strategy with a strong hand

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm quite new in the poker still a lot to learn but was always curious what is the best strategy if you got on flop really strong combination like full house or flush.

For example, final table and you current stack is 20BB (you are in top 3 right now) What is the best strategy to get the maximum amount of money from your opponents if you are on the flop and instantly got really strong combination full house or flush for instance.

In one hand I don't want to scare my opponents with a big raise but in another hand I don't to by passive.

What do you think what was the best move to get as much money as you can from your opponents ?

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i think the best strategy with a strong hand is an all in and hope someone to call and you will win the hand , i m not saying it will always works but i think in my opinion , it will , good luck .

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that the best ways to get more chips from other players, is to not play as if we have a strong hand.

I had lost a lot of chips by put all my chips in plays.
It was only good to steal blind.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you do allin, you scare, if you do a little raise, you lose money, you have to raise like if you just want to steal the blinds and or juste you were bluffing, I think this is the best strategy, however it depends villains who are in the game, is that manic? or tight players? If it's the maniacs you must to do a big raise, if the players are tight do juste a little raise

Last edited:
kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
good day, if you have linked a good hand in the flop and want to take advantage of the first thing is to see your position on the table it will depend a lot and on how many more players are watching the flop there are also many factors if your hand can be improved or not If any other player demonstrates strength you should make a resubido even and go all in to defend your hand and not give him the nut in the next street

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you do allin, you scare, if you do a little raise, you lose money, you have to raise like if you just want to steal the blinds and or juste you were bluffing, I think this is the best strategy, however it depends villains who are in the game, is that manic? or tight players? If it's the maniacs you must to do a big raise, if the players are tight do juste a little raise

yeah its really hard to find the best solution. sometimes raising is also scare people and everyone folds

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in would be a bad move imho... being too timid im not for either im checking to an aggro player and check raising or im betting a bit more then 3 times to look like im trying to steal the pot

C

cj2327

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the situation you're describing, with 20BB postflop, there's not a lot of room for nuance. Bet big (relative to the pot), and try to get all your money in the middle as fast as possible.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm quite new in the poker still a lot to learn but was always curious what is the best strategy if you got on flop really strong combination like full house or flush.

For example, final table and you current stack is 20BB (you are in top 3 right now) What is the best strategy to get the maximum amount of money from your opponents if you are on the flop and instantly got really strong combination full house or flush for instance.

In one hand I don't want to scare my opponents with a big raise but in another hand I don't to by passive.

What do you think what was the best move to get as much money as you can from your opponents ?

Thank U 4 Posting.

As always the more information you can give the better because our course of actions vary with situations.

So with a flush on the flop and you being the preflop raiser we need to make a bet on the flop.
Why? If another flush card comes it may kill our action on the turn. So we may only get one street of value it has to be on the flop.

If you were the preflop caller in POS we still bet. OOP we can try to check raise, lead turn if checked behind. We can also just lead out OOP if we are not a nut only type of bettor.

Of course we are going to play baby flushes differently from nut flushes.

Flushes are the most easily recognizable big hands when boards 3 flush on the flop or turn. So we have to know how our villain thinks and acts and what they think of us.

Full house on the flop.
If the villain has an over pair to a low board pair we should be able to get 20 BB in no matter how we play. This does depend on how Agg we have been. If we are seen as tight, then if we check raise our villain may give us credit for having trips.

If we have been bluffing then we can be very agg and get our money in on the flop.

So as always our image and our villain's tendencies are the drivers to, do we bet, do we let them bet? Should we bet small -small- all-in or big flop all-in turn?

Hope this helps

:):)

L

lachdoch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet 1/2 potsize on flop, turn and river.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The choice of strategy depends on which opponent you play your own strategy with each opponent.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Readless value bet 3 streets.

Except very dry board and you holdind a bloker.
But if you holding like AA and flop is 66A you could check.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really changes for me depending on position. Generally I will check on the flop after hitting a full house if there is a flush or straight draw. On the other hand a 3x bet might be reasonable for a player trying to draw to those hands. If the board does not hit a straight or flush on the turn, I might continue with a 5x, and then push on the river.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands