what am i doing wrong

M

Mrjoe09

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
last three times i have been knock out of tourney.....(sb) 44 i called (bb) called (4) called flop A,4,9.. i check,(bb) check.. (4) bet ..I called (bb)called ..turn Q ..I check (bb) check (4) ...bet ... (sb) me set 4s all-in ..(bb) called Q 10 (4) called AQ...river Q..board A49QQ...3 outs for AQ: me (bb) 4 6....(B) called..(sb)called ..me check. Flop...4 Q 6 (sb) check..me check..(B) bet..(sb) called ..me called ..turn 10..(sb) check.. me check..(B) all-in...(sb) called..me called...river 10 (sb) K 10 (B) A 10......board 4 Q 6 10 10

me (1) KK I raised 3/4 pot..(5) all in ..( BB) called me called... (BB) AJ..me KK ..(5) JJ........flop no help. Turn no help ..river J one out did i play wrong or is this rigged

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
definitely rigged, haha

just variance, it's painful but we signed up for this

just register on to the next one

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I get that this is frustrating, especially when you bust out of tournaments this way a few times in a row, but remember that the outcome of the hand is not the thing you should be paying attention to, but how you played the hand. My opinion is that you played all hands pretty much as well as you could and the cards went against you.

It's very rare that with a card to come you are 100% to win the hand, that means that you are supposed to lose in these situations sometimes.

If I were you, I would run these situations through a simulator (you can download and use Equilab for free) and see how often you can expect to win in each of these situations. You might be surprised just how often you should expect to lose.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no mathematics,,but luck is playing a big game

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
did i play wrong or is this rigged
Not rigged. You gave good details on the actions. Adding the stack sizes to the information will help us advise if the mathematical decisions are good. The best hand doesn't always win, that's the math behind it all. If you played correctly and lost, then embrace the variance and continue to play well. If you played bad, then learn from your mistakes!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
last three times i have been knock out of tourney.....(sb) 44 i called (bb) called (4) called flop A,4,9.. i check,(bb) check.. (4) bet ..I called (bb)called ..turn Q ..I check (bb) check (4) ...bet ... (sb) me set 4s all-in ..(bb) called Q 10 (4) called AQ...river Q..board A49QQ...3 outs for AQ: me (bb) 4 6....(B) called..(sb)called ..me check. Flop...4 Q 6 (sb) check..me check..(B) bet..(sb) called ..me called ..turn 10..(sb) check.. me check..(B) all-in...(sb) called..me called...river 10 (sb) K 10 (B) A 10......board 4 Q 6 10 10

me (1) KK I raised 3/4 pot..(5) all in ..( BB) called me called... (BB) AJ..me KK ..(5) JJ........flop no help. Turn no help ..river J one out did i play wrong or is this rigged

Thank you for posting

Hand 1 this is a cooler you lose this unless you fold preflop seems no one raised so folding was not +EV So no mistakes here.

Hand 2 ok we have to protect our hands here so over calling bottom 2 is not the way to play this on the flop. A big sizing check raise is a must in this spot. We want to check raise for value as well as a K on the turn could kill our action versus a Q betting out.

Hand 3 We have the second best hand in poker why are we calling not raising the BB preflop? Why give the BB any chance to hit the flop getting 3-1 instead of risking however many chips you had left to hit the flop.

Ok maybe the all-in player did not have enough chips to reopen the raising? If so then we should be aware of stack sizes and min open not 3/4 open with KK hoping the other player shoves and we can trap the BB for a double up when we reshove.

hope this helps
:):)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not understanding variance. Sometimes you play right and lose

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't need to do anything while playing poker, your efforts will not help here, just play, gain experience, listen to your intuition and hope for luck.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any hand that isn’t a Royal Flush can and will be a loser. It’s the right play over time that pays in the end. Getting coolered sucks, but if you’re consistently making the right play regardless of the outcome of any one hand you should be fine.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ah, the game of poker, i think you played it well, only problem is that with low pairs they can easily get beat, even when you flop a full house, the other pair will beat you, they would be higher. i guess you keep plugging away , i try not to play small pocket pairs they could be deadly as you have shown

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you can't figure out how to win at online poker,i would walk away,,it will frustrate you until no end,,,:deal: (or jus play 4 fun,,,)

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only variance, you played well, dont get tiltet, you get the money [emoji6]

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have put in my mind that only one hand will not make me the champion of a tournament, but it can very easily eliminate me, so keep in mind what is happening in each hand and especially the fold button is there to be used and more and more i have used it, but it's just my opinion.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't play better in the first hand. You went all in with the clearly better hand and just had bad luck on the river. But when you flopped the two pairs with 46 you have to step on the gas. You must reraise him. Your hand is very fragile and is often outdated. So you might have had the chance to win the pot. You always have to ask yourself how strong is my hand in relation to the board and your opponents. What could my opponent have and how could he still overtake me? If you only have two bottom pairs, your opponent often has many outs against you. You have to protect your hand and play aggressively. You can't do anything in the last hand either. The best thing that can happen to you with KK is to come all in preflop. I wouldn't have played it any other way. Again, you were just unlucky. This often happens in tournaments.