What am I doing wrong?

I

irbij

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everytime I have aces I lose. What am I doing wrong?

D

Drefps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well without all the details I can’t really tell you what your doing wrong but from now on when u get pocket aces try going all in pre flop. That way before the flop comes ur percentage of winning is high and people with low cards like 8 9 suited should not be calling your all in raise.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everytime I have aces I lose. What am I doing wrong?
never do SLOWPLAY and always do a strong RAISE to limit the number of players that enter the hand

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
post some hands of you losing with aces :)

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That try to write down each aces in a notebook and see that it seems to you, in fact, you often win. Of course, if you do not expect a flop by check or call.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try not to play A with a low kicker in the beginning.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume you mean pocket aces. Are you talking cash game or tournament? I think everyone is going to say you need to provide more details, but with the limited info. I would suggest raise 3-5 BB, but it really depends on the situation.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a serious problem, this question is that you are still not related as this issue is limiting you. First of all, it's you're 72nd for AA, you should always raise your hands in the same way. or you will be giving the strength of your hand. you just need to change a way as you play to induce the opponent to err, I'm looking for an example, let's say you have AA in sb and you're moving too much the bb has around 17blinds you have 22blinds you always increase 2.5bb you can raise 4 or 5bb here to induce him to think that you just want the blinds and he will turn his hand off in case he bets everything. now you are 40bb in the small blind and the bigblind is also 40bb you increase he only showed AA and Kk so far, knowing that he showed his hands premiuns and that it is difficult for him to have one that you need to do? induce him to pay then decrease the increase slightly, his chances of paying are higher. he has a better chance of paying now and if it increases, it's time to rise higher and get the money in the pot. In short, when the cards begin to be secondary and you play the opponent's dendencias, you are always making the best moves. Forget your hand this sight is blinding you. Good luck.
never do SLOWPLAY and always do a strong RAISE to limit the number of players that enter the hand

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, people who complain about aces, are just expecting to win big every time and this warps their decision making. Big pocket pairs are not printing money machines. I stopped having (apparent) regular bad beats with aces when I stopped slowplaying them. If you are being aggresive enough and still getting owned, it's just variance, and it will normalize after a while, please don't make the mistake of getting superrstitious, it will just make your play worse.

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing is wrong!

you cover with them 80%-85% of the time....if you lose with them,no worries,kkep on playing well making good decisions and the math will catch up my friend!

M

mjarom21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that Pocket Aces are only ONE pair... If you don't know what you are doing and the showdown comes, having just One pair is not that crazy to beat.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in preflop with aces every day and watch your win rate improve

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Aces.
Probably all players want to see pocket aces in front of their eyes, but not always meet your expectations. Depends on where you sit, there are pros and cons of these positions.