What a laydown!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think i found a new hero Doyle Brunson. I would have went all in preflop.

Think you'll find it's limit hold 'em they're playing, so shoving pre-flop might've been difficult.

But agree on the first part. Doyle should be everyone's hero.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think you'll find it's limit hold 'em they're playing, so shoving pre-flop might've been difficult.

im pretty sure it was NL, cuz the announcers announced chips raise like "just a min raise from chip"

idk maybe im wrong

CubanaD64

CubanaD64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Actually, if you pay attention to the amounts that they are betting and to what the commentators are saying, you'll find that it was in fact No Limit.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, if you pay attention to the amounts that they are betting and to what the commentators are saying, you'll find that it was in fact No Limit.

:eek:

My mistake - didn't realise they ditched HORSE and just played NLHE on the final table in 2006 (side note: why?!?)

The hold 'em round in HORSE is usually limit. That'll learn me for watching at work with the sound turned down.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm... if that wasn't the final table from the 2006 wsop $50K HORSE event, then the tags are all kinds of wrong

Paranormal

Paranormal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is the final table and chip ends up taking it in the longest heads up with andy block in wsop history ... chip was on fire the whole night.. a great night for the fallen poker pro

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would fold it in that situation, but its not hard to make the decision form the comp, but QQ is a much stronger hadn in real life versus internet so it would be tough.

N

nek4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what i liked most about this clip is that you can see the respect that the players have when one bets and another re raises. unlike internet poker it shows its alot more fun to play live (because people respect you more in a live situation).

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would fold it in that situation, but its not hard to make the decision form the comp, but QQ is a much stronger hadn in real life versus internet so it would be tough.

What is the difference between QQ live and QQ online. :confused:

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the difference between QQ live and QQ online. :confused:

obv rigged

this laydown is kathy liebert-esque. doyle is finally starting to reach her level of ability, kudos

straytangent

straytangent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always thought that online, there are so many hands being played at once, there's bound to be a bad beat hand you're going to experience more often. I used to think it was rigged... but I've come to that conclusion instead.

That's just me though.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always thought that online, there are so many hands being played at once, there's bound to be a bad beat hand you're going to experience more often. I used to think it was rigged... but I've come to that conclusion instead.

That's just me though.

Your right when you say that you will see more beats online, that's because there are more hands online. But, you will still get bad beats the same % of the time, online or live. If you know what i mean.

U

unstoppable4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made that laydown a million times no problem always correct

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like how andy bloch acts like he knows what hes talking about at the end saying doyle wouldnt have layed down QQ...lol

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seen this when it was first broadcast and couldnt believe how good that laydown was.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what i liked most about this clip is that you can see the respect that the players have when one bets and another re raises. unlike internet poker it shows its alot more fun to play live (because people respect you more in a live situation).

Erm... I really don't know that a hand between Doyle and Chip is representative of all live poker.

A

alpersado

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
doyle reads people very well...it is too hard to fold a hand like that..thank you for sharing;)