What is 2NL/5 NL...etc

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'am new here,and new in poker,so ..what is that..:2 nl or 5 nl or so on...?can someone explain me:confused:

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'am new here,and new in poker,so ..what is that..:2 nl or 5 nl or so on...?can someone explain me:confused:

Hi jumaischi, welcome to Cardschat, hope you have a great time here picking up lots of helpful tips for your poker game. 2NL refers to a No Limit (hence the "NL" part) Hold'em cash game with a maximum buy-in of $2 (hence the "2" part), where the small blind is 1 cent and the big blind is 2 cents (so, the most you can buy-in with is 100BB). Same deal with 5NL except it's a maximum buy-in of $5, with 2 cents small blind and 5 cents big blind. Hope that helps! :)

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tank you ,that's help for sure! 😁

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jumaischi, welcome to Cardschat, hope you have a great time here picking up lots of helpful tips for your poker game. 2NL refers to a No Limit (hence the "NL" part) Hold'em cash game with a maximum buy-in of $2 (hence the "2" part), where the small blind is 1 cent and the big blind is 2 cents (so, the most you can buy-in with is 100BB). Same deal with 5NL except it's a maximum buy-in of $5, with 2 cents small blind and 5 cents big blind. Hope that helps! :)
I also wanted to know about this and your answer was very useful to me. It's good that people share useful information.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No problem, you're both very welcome. :)