BB and UTG call

Flop Kh Ts and 5d

Everybody checked...

Turn 8h

BB raise a pot... UTG fold...

So ... I called...

River 8s

BB All in....

What would u give for him? I called.. and I know... it wasn`t the best call because of the full house or maybe a three of kind... but He got Aces...

I just called because of the kind of player was very agressive and the pot was nice... bu ACES? really weird... what do u guys think??

thanks!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got As Ks on bottom

So.. everybody limp... then I 3bet

BB and UTG call

Flop Kh Ts and 5d

Everybody checked...

Turn 8h

BB raise a pot... UTG fold...

So ... I called...

River 8s

BB All in....

What would u give for him? I called.. and I know... it wasn`t the best call because of the full house or maybe a three of kind... but He got Aces...

I just called because of the kind of player was very agressive and the pot was nice... bu ACES? really weird... what do u guys think??

thanks!

Thank you for posting

We would bet the flop here. Three reasons, 1 we have 2 players not one. 2 this flop hits many drawing hands so we can build pots vs those hands 3 we define our villain’s range more clearly when we show strength on the flop. It is the principle of actions limiting reactions

Hope this helps

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it was kind of weird the way he played it. I certainly wouldn't have played it quite that way. But you have to admit that he disguised the strength of his hand very well. Most people, including me, would have 4-bet pre-flop, which might have given away the strength of his hand. His check on the flop further disguises the strength of his hand. Based on the results, I'd have to say he played the hand pretty well.

But I also I'd also say that I don't think you did anything wrong in the hand. I don't know if I would have checked the flop against two players. I might have if I thought it would help me get more value out of top pair on later streets, as opposed to potentially chasing everybody away on the flop. On the turn, I might have suspected that, having had it checked back to him on the flop, he was just taking a stab at it. Even when the jams on the river after the second 8 landed, I probably would have suspected him of making a bluff, unless I put him on something like A-8. It's hard to say for sure if I would have called or folded. I thought for sure you were going to say he turned over some garbage like 8-2, and I'd have to tell you that he just got lucky and to shake it off. I don't think I would have ever suspected that he had aces there.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was a weird hand, all the way around. I think he played his aces dangerously, and was lucky it worked out the way it did. I think you were destined to lose this hand either way. It was surprising you didn't bet the flop, but even if you had, he obviously would have called or reraised you, and I don't think you would have gotten away from this hand however it may have played out.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have AK against AA and you hit a K on the flop you are pretty much doomed to lose a lot of cash. Anyway I would play it more agressively. Why check the flop? For me that's an obvious bet.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play AKs aggressive, don't give opportunity to the others players improve their hands.

It's difficult to catch these players who just check or call with aces, with more players in the hand the power of aces will decrease. Will need to take notes and pay atention in every hand they plays.

In these flop I will usually Cbet, and be prepared to fold when the villain send me tells about a good hand like set, two pair, trips, overpair, straight or flush.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played the raise pre flop is correct but depending on the limpers should be large. I did not see a bet size to what you made it but this can be important as you might have made the BB give the strength of their hand right there and in the long run saved money. No way to tell because I dont know what you raised to. On the flop we should bet out here as we hit top pair and we can extract value from our opponents. We want the pot to enlarge while in position with top pair. Doing this might have made the BB raise there and you would at least get more info from them. On the turn as played when the BB leads out I think you can call in this spot or raise. I can see reasons for both as calling will keep his likely worse hand (obviously this is a bad example but in most cases this is true) in the hand while raising will get more value out of him as most villains do not lead and then fold to a raise as often as they should. On the river when the board pairs the 8 I am already scared before any action. The BB has a lot of 8x in their range as that was the card that hit when they bet. With the board pairing and BB firing all in I would be folding here depending on the remaining effective stack. I would not want to risk my whole stack on a pair hand while the board has just paired unless we are not talking about that many chips. That is a little tight I know but I think thats what I would have done in the moment.

Top 10 Games