hero - raises 954
Villain - check

turn - 7

hero - bets 1784
villain - checks

river - 9

hero - bets 3519 all-in
villain - check

Result: Villain wins with full house 99977.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only way you were going to win that hand was by jamming after villain raised the flop. he might have called it anyway because he had 2 times as many chips as you. you should have probably led out on the flop too because he probably figured your re-raise was a bluff which was too small in my opinion. ugly turn and river for you as soon as he hit 2 pair on the turn he would have to be a really good player to put you on top 2 pair so chances are he was going to run that hand out no matter what at that point.

try to avoid bigger stacked players when possible and if you are in a hand with them its best not to slow play if you hit top 2 pair. better to win a small pot when he folds on the flop than lose a huge pot on the river. that was an ugly run out for you though that part was bad luck lol

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for feedback. I must agree.. I should have go all in right after flop and. Opponent played quite aggressive and loos .. so riskthat he would call still existed.

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with what 87shorts said, you better get it all-in on the flop or the turn, if you think villain was a very loose player, he could call you with any pair of aces, good jacks, and straightdraws. That way you give yourself the best chance to win the pot either through making him fold or having the best hand. Unlucky river tho.. :(

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, it happens a lot in poker, I would have increased after the flop could have increased enough, the guy could pay for a straigh, then you would know that he was looking for something ...
But is complicated

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would concider this a cooler
F. he would not fold a set on the flop even if you shoved
T. i can see you getting out of this hand here only if he check-shoved here, but he didn't so there is no reason for you to get scared. right?
R. shove here is not my play. he has called all the way. the only hands that you beat are the hands that are really worst than your (Ax), any set, 9, anything that would call 3 streets that is not bluffs dominate you

D

DzikMenel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got one rule never chck if i im sure to get pot :).Sometimes i losse but i usaly win

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! Yes, I have a lot to learn to evaluate opponents and to be confident.
It's bit temptation to set a trap but I fall in too often.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's just bad luck. certain situations in poker, you have to go broke (and should go broke).

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a little of boath he should raise earlier and trz to take a hand...

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a quiet hard quistion. I don't know any statistics and my opponent's previous actions. So, it can be a weak play as well as bad luck.

E

emarcolino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to say without further info.

a few times you said check you meant "call", right?

anyway, i don't think checking on the flop is necessarily a mistake. actually it's pretty standard as you weren't the agressor pre-flop and you are out of position. you don't want to scare villain away if he is a tight player, for example, and he might be c-betting often. so checking 2 pair could actually be a good play in lots of circumstances.

i just don't like the raise sizing on flop at all... :( that min-raise always makes it too good for villain to call with any draw or any value hand.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the check raise was small and looks weak in my opinion, your like 85% to 90% to win on flop and turn, nothing you can do there.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have two good pairs after the flop and you check? (Unbeknown to you he has a pair of nines). Regardless, your check raise is too weak and small. When in the driving seat put the pedal to the metal

Joken23

Joken23

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As u said, you have made a mistake checking after flop.. after that there was nothing u could do to win because he was confident, he had two pairs, then your raise was too short, he had not much.