ways you can get lucky

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've all had bad beats but there are also a lot of ways you can get lucky and run good in poker, some that aren't always so obvious. As well as those bad beat stories, I think sometimes it helps appreciate all the luck you can get in poker, I think it helps feel more positive about the game. Obviously having great hole cards, and hitting the flop. Getting action on your big hands is also a way to get lucky. If you get to play big pots with your big hands that's lucky. Having weak players to your left so you can steal their blinds is also a different way to get lucky. Another way is when you have a good hand say top pair and good kicker but your opponent has a great hand, say trips. A scare card like an A comes to slow you down, you lose chips but not as much as you would have. Other ways to get lucky in poker?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if many times the flop or the river or river more than anything surprises us with hands that we discard that make us believe that we were unlucky not to enter the pot and then when it ends we were lucky not to have entered because we could risk it everything and lose it against something much bigger but I do not see as luck to play the big projects and see them complete or steal blinds from weak players or play strong hands in an aggressive way. Sweat is having jacks go up and find yourself with pair Ks and let the flop drop a jack that maybe if it's luck can be interpreted in different ways but I think that you detract from the ability to give everything to luck luck and greetings:icon_bigs

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Luck. You have an Ace of heart and another non heart card, and the flop gives three hearts. On the river you get a 4th heart on the board. You push all in, and someone calls you with the KQ hearts in their hand.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is playing a game where you don't get your ass kicked by the river rats. how many times have I had agood looking hand only to be beaten by somebody who stayed in with rotten cards and hooked the winning hand with the river card. Sometimes I think that if it was not for "bad luck" I would have no luck at all.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk to the ****tail waitress telling her "I'm about to order a ton of vodkas on the rocks, just bring me water". I drink tons of waters on the rocks that look like I'm hammered with terribly impaired judgment and wild bets...it helps me 'luckily' get called super light by middle pair hands or missed flush draws on the river that hit a decent pair.

I'm super profitable live when everyone at the table thinks I'm beligerantly drunk. The ****tail waitresses think its the funniest thing ever...just make sure you tip for your waters.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Side note: ****tail waitress = kocktail waitress

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm...I'd say four card flush or four card straight...runner runner anything...luck

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Other ways to get lucky in poker?

The best way to get lucky in poker is using good bankroll management :D

Playing at a stake where you feel safe and free to play, not worrying bout
going bust if you loose next hand or not getting itm this tournement is absolutely
a massive freedom to chase pots.
And chasing pots opens more windows for lucky hits/runners.

Theres also a mental factor to the feeling of luck, as the brain is wired to remember
bad beats alot more than a lucky hits. I bet alot of you guys out there remember a
ton of times where you AA, AK, AK ect got busted by crap, and forgot the times
when you where the suckout king in the hand ;)

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times we are left with bad times and we get very angry. But we do not stop to think about our hands almost impossible to win and after getting lucky in the community cards and even in the last one on the river ... we ended up winning. I have won AK 10-10 hands coming out at table QQJ9J making my opponent's pair of 10 unusable. Or many times I got 4 cards of the same suit and I only had to contribute one of mine to win. One of the last ones that happened to me was to have a straight flush against the ace ahah. And on Saturday I won A8 full A-A-A-8-8 vs. 8-8-8-AA Ahah, I was lucky. regards

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when in trouble or when out of options , the only rope to stick with is luck. Wishing for something nearly impossible to happen, when it does happen, we call it luck. Lucky you

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me 10's are lucky, If I get 10 10 I usually jam almost every time. I've won against AA twice with it in the past couple of months so I take it as my lucky hand.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there's definitely a mental aspect. Sometimes when people look so down and dejected when they watch the flop you just know they are not going to get lucky.

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well lately i believe if i didnt have bad luck,i wouldnt have no luck,but im learning for once to play like a donkey n just go all in with nothing,like players do to me with crappy cards,but also learning players n taking notes,gl all:confused::)