The way I see it

D

Djun0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for a few months now. I tried different stuff, In tournamnets im usualy reaching the money stage, just enough to be ahead with a few bucks. I play 6 man turbo tournaments for 1.50$ and I am winning like 27-30%. I recently had a go at a 3.50 and I won 1ce.

Heres the problem, after a bad beat i loose all becasue I keep playing and trying for even higher buy ins - is that the gambler in me takign over? How do you deal with bad streaks.

I realised that so far my winnings are due to discipline and luck only.

IM adding each Saturday like 20 $, at some point win loose its 0 at the end.

Any advice

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
my advice is very simple, to understand the quality of your game, you need to start with a comfortable buy-in for you and in any case not to climb higher. this is the most important rule of bankroll management. statistics of at least 1K hands will give you an idea of your profit or loss. better of course to start from 5-10K. attempts to quickly recoup at higher limits, be sure to lead you to ruin. it is best to use freerolls. you do not spend your fortune and get the opportunity to replenish the bankroll. use pokerstars schools, watch trainings, give tickets for them.
good luck at the tables

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have been playing for a few months now. I tried different stuff, In tournamnets im usualy reaching the money stage, just enough to be ahead with a few bucks. I play 6 man turbo tournaments for 1.50$ and I am winning like 27-30%. I recently had a go at a 3.50 and I won 1ce.

Heres the problem, after a bad beat i loose all becasue I keep playing and trying for even higher buy ins - is that the gambler in me takign over? How do you deal with bad streaks.

Any advice

Use buy-in filter and don't touch it. Maybe use a HUD.
If you want to play a higher buyin, test it first with money won at freerolls or tickets, that way you don't lose your deposit.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
The fact that you go to high limits in order to win back your loss - raises concerns that you might lose control, and start depositing money that is not meant for playing.
You need to put restrictions on limits.
Also, I highly recommend writing a message to the support service of the room in which you play. You need to ask to set restrictions on the deposit during the week. For example, 5 dollars. Ie you can not make deposit more than $ 20 during the month. This is an important and necessary action to protect yourself.

But the most important thing you have to do is not see poker as a means of earning money. This should be just a hobby. This is often written by customer support. Previously, I did not take into account these words, however, they have a lot of meaning. A person who perceives poker as a hobby / entertainment is practically not amenable to tilt.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do not allow myself the luxury of moving to higher buyins unless my bankroll has steadily risen to 100 times the buy in. So a $100 bankroll gets me into $1 tourneys. $500 bankroll gets me into $5 tourneys.

If I am losing, I more than likely stay at the same level or drop down a level until I can master the level I am playing. No way would I be moving up levels after losing. That is a sure way to gamblers ruin.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a self control and discipline problem. I've been struggling with it for a long time. But for me, whether I win or lose I want to go up in levels. For me it is definitely viewing poker as a chance to make a living and not just a hobby. I get very conflicted, I strive to play high stakes because I know low stakes won't make enough to earn a living, but by doing that I'm not a winning player.
If you figure out how to overcome this, let me know. Something I tried a few times but gave up on because I just lost patience is what I call ladder play. You start out at the lowest level and, once you have the min to move up, you use only that money and move up to the next level and you keep climbing until you either get to the level you want to be playing at, or you bust out. But if you bust out, you've only lost the lowest level buy-in, so you've still got a ton of bankroll compared to the lowest level buy-in to try again.

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any advice

Whenever you tilt just close the game and do something else come back when you are calm. Sometimes you are lucky sometimes not, that's poker :)