Wanting to start a group study

T

Tblack91

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I grind .15- .30, looking to get into a study group or start one, I have 0 experience in this and it’s why I have put off creating this post for so long, I have this burning desire to understand more, review spots and talk to people other than my fiancé about poker, I can tell she needs me to find people to bounce ideas off of LoL

I don’t know where to start with this, but I am serious about improving my game, I’m already decent and feel like I have something to add to the group, we can figure the rest out in time!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I'm ready for a poker study group, but I've been a part of groups like that for other things I've gotten good at. I think the key is to be selective with who you choose to study with and preferably players better/more experienced than you or at the very least share your level of passion for the content studied/game (poker in this case).

Perhaps you might consider joining the CardsChat poker league. I've never participated myself, but it seems like a friendly way to gain more experience playing poker and possibly meet others willing to study with you. Here is the current signup thread for the Winter league 2021 starting a few days from now:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cardschat-league-43/cardschat-winter-league-2021-sign-up-474678/

If you don't meet the signup requirements, or join too late, then you can try again for the next one. They go in seasons, so the next one after this would be the Spring one (signups probably March or April for that one I'm guessing).

Again, I've never participated (plan to join for my first time this season). It seems like a good way to meet potential study partners though. :)

Good luck finding dedicated players :)