Wanna "hurts doughnut?"

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself folding 7-2 without thinking about the card decision, a lot. But how often do you find yourself in a spot where you are so sure about your opponents hand that 7-2 becomes completely legitimate following any improvement? The photo was a couple of days ago and I find myself wondering how many of you fold 7-2 just to avoid feeling like a jerk when you win with it?:bike::bike:

Attachments

• anotherdickfix.jpg
    anotherdickfix.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 16
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I fold 7/2 because it's the right thing to do, unless I'm in the big, and it's limped to me. :p But nice haul though.

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold 7/2 because it's the right thing to do, unless I'm in the big, and it's limped to me. :p But nice haul though.

Thanks Tammy! It's probably a good idea to have some auto decisions like hand superstition folds, say AJo costs you tons of chips every time an ace hits and you decide to stop playing it altogether, since each decision does exact some mental cost!? I guess I find myself most frustrated by times when I see "sexy cards" (i.e. cards that scream, "I'm the nuts this hand.") late in a tournament and forego the opportunity to double or triple up? Whenever I fold a hand my card-sense told me to play I pay the heaviest cost... :bike: (photo was first online win since returning to poker, a pretty easy decision that almost flomped me.. :)

Attachments

• firstwinfix.jpg
    firstwinfix.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 11
F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't go out of my way to play 7/2 for shock value. but If theres a decent sized pot I may hop in for some sort of odd value . If im BB or SM or even the button I will play it depending on the amount of people in and overall preflop raise.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
7/2 is trash anyway.
I don't count on cards I've already thrown away, no matter how the river flows. I'm on the quay.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself folding 7-2 without thinking about the card decision, a lot. But how often do you find yourself in a spot where you are so sure about your opponents hand that 7-2 becomes completely legitimate following any improvement? The photo was a couple of days ago and I find myself wondering how many of you fold 7-2 just to avoid feeling like a jerk when you win with it?:bike::bike:

Personally I would never play that...there is way too much that could go wrong!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The only time to play 7-2 pre-flop is when it is limped to your big blind or there are loads of players in a hand and it is cheap for you to see the flop.

Post flop you are never folding here no matter how embarrassing it is.