Vpip and pfr

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Working on trying to bring my pfr and vpip gap closer together. But with the range I’ve made for it the gap will be about 8% is that too much and what sort of hands Be in this range

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22+ kqo+ ajs qjs and qjo obvs tighter against a utg open this is for 2nl cash

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A small gap between these numbers is normal, of 4-5%. Of the 8% I intuit that you are paying more in unfavorable situations. However, you have to see what sample of hands you are evaluating (in quantity to see if these data are reliable)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just stop cold calling so much. Take some of that cold calling range, fold most of it, 3-bet some of it. You want to stay under a 5% gap.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An 8% gap is not huge if you are 28 20. It is if you are 10 2. So depanding on the numbers you might be way off or pretty much on point. Defending from the bb and set mining is a big part of that %.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the reply’s
If I kept to calling with all my set mining hands and kqs kqo and ajs
That would put it at about 6%
Or should I drop some hands
I would be more than likely be 3betting tens plus in position

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it's the difference in total values of vpip & pfr - it looks ok, but it could shows that your prefer to call instead of raising, and probably lose more money. Try to open hands first on table and didn't call a lot in medium positions connectors & AT or less Aces

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An 8% gap is not huge if you are 28 20. It is if you are 10 2. So depanding on the numbers you might be way off or pretty much on point. Defending from the bb and set mining is a big part of that %.
My stats so far are 23/16/7

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it's the difference in total values of vpip & pfr - it looks ok, but it could shows that your prefer to call instead of raising, and probably lose more money. Try to open hands first on table and didn't call a lot in medium positions connectors & AT or less Aces
So drop suited connectors,AT and less?

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of calling range would be optimal from the blinds?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
At middle positions I would drop suited connectors. I would use them for raising at late positions depending on the player behind. With AT I would raise, if there was no action before of course.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At middle positions I would drop suited connectors. I would use them for raising at late positions depending on the player behind. With AT I would raise, if there was no action before of course.
Oh I thought you ment to call someone’s raise with them hands

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stop cold calling so much. Take some of that cold calling range, fold most of it, 3-bet some of it. You want to stay under a 5% gap.
Thank you! This makes sense to me.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AT ofs is not a great card to call, on my opinion. in stack more than 15bb.
Try to play less connectors calling, and check - is it brings more money for you