Variance

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Total posts
My understanding is that the variance is made up of positive runs and negative runs. In the event that it is negative, what do you do? Do they stop playing for a while or do they try to live with it? I appreciate tips !!

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Total posts
It depends on how capable you are at controlling your emotions and not letting them affect your play.

If you are a person who gets tilted during a downswing then it might be a good idea to step away from poker for a couple of days and then get back at it when you feel better.

I personally don't tilt much. I just move on to the next tournament right away. :)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Total posts
a few days without poker, occupying my mind in other things, always improves my spirit and strengthens me to return.
It's just my opinion.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Total posts
it depends on the occasion, sometimes poker is my distraction so I play for pleasure. In others, when I see that I'm going to get bored, I stop playing and relax.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Total posts
You keep your self emotionally collected or take a break if you can't.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
My understanding is that the variance is made up of positive runs and negative runs. In the event that it is negative, what do you do? Do they stop playing for a while or do they try to live with it? I appreciate tips !!

I stop playing and take a short break. It is better to relax and save money than to experience disappointments and losses.