variance

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how i broken the variance? i play poker 5, 6 hour for day, and the variance continue brokes me....i just play premium hands, and find same oportunits to push the blinds... but showdown if AQs is not too good when a short steak go to all in out of positiion. anyone can help me?

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not 100% sure what you asked here, but variance is just a part of poker and all you can do is try a minimize it by playing GTO poker. Keep playing solid poker and getting it in ahead and you will be fine

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plus even pros go through months of losing, cold streaks and hot steaks happen! Just keep to lower games to keep your roll for when things turn!

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got to keep the standards,even if she falls.If now is bad-it does not mean that it will be worse.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on format you play - You should expect a bigger variance in 1 dollar SNG than in, for instance 100 dollar buy-in MTT.
Be aggressive, be smart and play ABC poker. Dont be afraid raise and re-raise with premium hands or monsters; dont slowplay monsters.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps you overestimate the power of your hand preflop too much? Try to take less expensive decisions preflop, when you do not know what the card will be. Play post-flop.

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very useful advice, I see identical problems in all

N

Nodus Jazz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance is expected, everyone goes through it. You have to have patience and focus on solid plays. AQ is not that good actually as far as I am concerned, even if you have AA, it doesn't mean you are going to win every time, it is just that your chances of winning are better in the long run.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For you to overcome the variance you must continue playing adjust your technique if you need to have a good number of matches to be analyzed

R

reggie_g

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its part of the game,keep playing your usual solid game and good things will come

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you are overestimating the hands you are playing, I mean, if you play all in pre flop, you need to be ahead since the preflop, not depending on the cards that the board will show. Another thing that really catches a lot of players is the board texture, for example, if you play AQo aggressivelly on a board like 79T, then you need to review a lil bit about your game, beside that, if you play the micro, just be obvious, when you have a hand bet, when not fold or check