UTG and UTG 1 and Chart (Pre-flop)

A

Archie Dos Santos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
Just been playing Texas hold'em game with the free software on my PC and referring to the chart. There are 9 players. So lets say player 9 is on the button, player 1 is SB, player 2 is BB, player 3 is UTG and player 4 is UTG + 1. Players 3 and 4 are in early position. The chart shows hands for UTG and Early Position. My question is which information on the chart should I look at for players 3 and 4? Would player 3 refer to UTG and player 4 Early Position on the chart?

https://www.cardschat.com/preflop-mistakes.php
Thanks, Archie

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
Just been playing Texas hold'em game with the free software on my PC and referring to the chart. There are 9 players. So lets say player 9 is on the button, player 1 is SB, player 2 is BB, player 3 is UTG and player 4 is UTG + 1. Players 3 and 4 are in early position. The chart shows hands for UTG and Early Position. My question is which information on the chart should I look at for players 3 and 4? Would player 3 refer to UTG and player 4 Early Position on the chart?

https://www.cardschat.com/preflop-mistakes.php
Thanks, Archie
You should based it in which position you re into, which player are you . If you need to know exactly the words and abbreviations. There is a thread in learning poker . It will answer your question . Good luck

JulioJones

JulioJones

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes math and probability will ruin your instincts.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If player 2 is the bb then yes player 3 is utg and player 4 is ep

player 1 -SB
player 2 -BB
player 3 -UTG -utg
player 4 -UTG+1 -early position
player5 - UTG+2 -early position
player6 -MP1 -middle position
player 7 -MP2 Highjack -middle position
player 8 -C/o -late position
player 9 btn -late position

Last edited:
Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the chart gives a good foundation to develop your pre-flop game. I will have to bookmark this chart for my poker information. Thank you for sharing!

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The SB range seems to be missing from those charts or at'least i don't see it.

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The SB range seems to be missing from those charts or at'least i don't see it.
The article seems to be geared towards the live player. There are a lot of references to live tells.. ie, "if you see the person next to you reaching for chips" and such.

Most of the the time in live low limit games, if it folds to the small blind, the blinds just chop.