which type of play u preferred when u start playing poker?

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
was that loose or tight/aggressively play. my thoughts about this, at first it seemed to me that the loose style of play would suit me more, but in the end I play differently, sometimes it seems that I believe in stereotypes and that's why I don't play the way I want. waiting for your advice.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always tight, in any type of game, especially in the early and middle stages, after bursting the bubble, you can go all out in playable pocket hands.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight aggressive, I thought this was the only one. But not now.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A conservative game, especially at the start of tournaments.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
was that loose or tight/aggressively play. my thoughts about this, at first it seemed to me that the loose style of play would suit me more, but in the end I play differently, sometimes it seems that I believe in stereotypes and that's why I don't play the way I want. waiting for your advice.
In the first months, I played very cautiously and tried to avoid any risky actions, which was wrong to say the least. I had no understanding of the strength of my hand and position. But as soon as understanding came, my game changed and I began to play more aggressively and more effectively. But this does not mean that I started playing all hands in a row or that I started playing with junk :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When I first started playing, I really had no idea of how to play, so I was the epitome of loose passive. I would call almost every hand preflop regardless of the action so I could see a flop.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tag tight aggressive cause that's what they say that can be profitable play in the micros

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a newbie poker player, it's entirely normal to be uncertain about your preferred playing style and to have thoughts about different approaches to the game. I believe finding the right balance between loose and tight/aggressive play is essential for long-term success in poker.

Since there is no one-size-fits-all approach to poker, finding your optimal playing style might take some time, but as you gain more experience and knowledge, you'll naturally gravitate towards the style that suits you best. As for me, I stay committed to learning, stay disciplined, and just enjoy the journey of becoming a better poker player. Good luck to us newbies!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started to play my style was very tight. After a couple of years, I noticed that the best style in my opinion is tight aggressive.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I started playing, for the first few months, I didn't really understand the basics of the game and relied more on intuition. In other words, I was just playing bingo. As a result, such a game led to losses, disappointment and a rather long break.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I started playing, my style was very tough. Now I'm playing more hands and more aggressively.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A tight game. Didn't understand the hands and wins, so just preserved my chips. Today I play tight, with a touch of aggressive at the right times.

kosha_

kosha_

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's watching other players play their hands so you can adjust to them.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I started playing poker my favorite game was No Limit Holdem HU sit & go, now I don't play this modality anymore; I only play tournaments

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Omaha interests me a lot, I think I have a good performance and it's very entertaining, although like most, the one that made me want to learn and play is Holdem.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
When I started playing, I followed a very simple principle, I just didn't play with junk, and because of that, I actually had pretty good results right away. Now more than 5 years have passed since that time, and I still follow this simple but effective principle.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a newbie, I generally start with a tight-aggressive approach, which will provide a solid foundation for my poker journey and give me the best chance of success as a newbie player. Then maybe I'll transition to loose-aggressive as I improve my skill. Just my 10c.

DreameR0521

DreameR0521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first it is rather tight, and if it pays off it comes nicely (the card), then a little looser, but only in moderation, only in a way that looks at more flops.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I started, I didn't know what style I was playing. Most likely, it was the style of a donkey. Now I play tight-aggressive, but unfortunately sometimes not aggressive enough.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If thers a lot of entries im loose as a goose,win big or go home

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When i start to play poker my style was a between NIT, TAG & Fish. I was playing ~ 20+ hands, no more...

(But now i want to make a new things.) :LOL: