The turn and river

N

Newqy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all just a quick question, what do u do when you raise preflop oop, cbet flop get called. Do u cbet turn or just give up the hand ? I feel like im losing money in these situations but i dont actually have a hand im i right to give up

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they called and i totally wiffed , most the times i just give up turn for they are calling with something or trying to hit something, it also depends on board texture , and if player vs me is loose or tight , also if they would be the type of player to float me on flop. If the guy is a calling station and will call off bottom pair it's not a good idea to bet turn too, also you have to balance your play otherwise you will be explotable. It's not one answer rules all.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with most situations it depends on the player and board texture.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would depend on the board, your opponents range and your perceived range. If your playing with a lot of the same opponents session to session than they all probably know if you miss a flop, they can call and you will give up on the turn so, your losing money by playing too predictably. If this is the case than you could take advantage by barreling 2 streets more offen. The most important thing is to learn the other players tendencies and then you will be able to put them on a more accurate range, making these situations easier for you to read and make the correct decision.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no clear solution. You have to look at your cards. You should look at the structure of the board. You have to watch who your opponents are. If everything was so simple - poker would not be interesting. ;)

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all in! no but seriously a bluff could come in handy....depends on who you are against and if the stack is worth it

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your hand and on many more. With a weak or medium hand, it's better not to risk and fold.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
V zavisimosti ot pozitsii, ya chashche vsego skinu-tseleye stek !!!

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double barrel on good turns cards that are good for your range, like an A or a K. But OOP you are obviously at a disadvantage and shouldn't barrel light that often. If you cbet the flop too often OOP, better opponents will notice and calling stations will still call you.
So cbet less when OOP, and more when IP.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey all just a quick question, what do u do when you raise preflop oop, cbet flop get called. Do u cbet turn or just give up the hand ? I feel like im losing money in these situations but i dont actually have a hand im i right to give up

I always used to cbet every time I raise preflop because if I check it seems like I am giving up pot control for my opponent to bet at me. However since players are more looser, it is getting more difficult to steal pots and/or take pots at the flop and turn.

So now my strategy is basically more passive aggressive rather than loose aggressive because in online poker there are many situations where I get caught trying to take downs pot with a fairly strong starting hand but cannot build from that hand.

As you know, poker is easier if you have hand, but as a player including me, being good to great involves trying to be opportunistic and bluff once in awhile.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the value of the bet is crucial here, you have to frighteen the oponent the way that he thinks that you're playing for value... ex: you raise 150 pre flop in a pot of 300, and then in turn you raise something like 350~400