Turbo SnG's more profitable than regulars?

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice thread. Simply put Turbos are more profitable or the most pro players would not be playing these over reg sngs. Even though they have the same format as reg sngs, except for the speed, there is different skills and strategy needed.

H

hpn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my option would be turbo if we'r talking abou SnG's , Normal SnG's kills too much time , and for what ? :\

AlBundy24

AlBundy24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is definately a larger luck factor involved with turbos. I see more donkfests in turbos than regular games (then again, there's always at least a few in any game). If you get dealt AKs first hand (or even AA), and you have 2+ all ins in front of you, would you call? These are the times I see the majority of premium hands lose--extremely early in a tourney online. As you can see, I'm biased, but one thing I will always say is, play with what you're comfortable with and with what you profit/win/do good with. Saying one thing is more profitable than something else is like saying Negreanu is better than Ivey...it's a matter of opinion. To some people, cash games are the only way to make any money. To other people, high stakes tourneys are the only way to make any money. And to some other people, playing 12 sngs at once is the only way to make any money. My advice (or opinion, or whatever you want to call it) experiment with different stakes, different game types (tourneys, turbo tourneys, sngs, turbo sngs, ring games) and see what you do best in. What you do best in is YOUR most profitable game.