Trying to be a better poker player by implementing a plan.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I managed to play (somewhat abysmally) all of the CC free rolls today with the exception of ACR which had a software issue that could not be resolved until the registration had passed. I enjoyed playing against some good poker players today, sorry for knocking you out Hugh at PP .. I managed to make it to 5th where my KK was taken out pre-flop vs Ax and the A hit. The PS regular free roll had more participants than the other sites and was harder to get into the money but I managed to put a few cents into my kit.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I managed to play (somewhat abysmally) all of the CC free rolls today with the exception of ACR which had a software issue that could not be resolved until the registration had passed. I enjoyed playing against some good poker players today, sorry for knocking you out Hugh at PP .. I managed to make it to 5th where my KK was taken out pre-flop vs Ax and the A hit. The PS regular free roll had more participants than the other sites and was harder to get into the money but I managed to put a few cents into my kit.
Nice thread man gave me idea to start planning better recording things so I can see why graph looks like it just jumped off a cliff lol.:)
shall keep documenting the disaster well done in pp game cashed there saturday was it so its all good.:D
least of worries pal.
The plan remains beast that sunday million and win 150k but reality is probably lose 150k first.:icon_joke
talking about losing with kk this one few hours ago couple of folds shy of the money should give giggle.:hahaha:
keep planning bud it is all good.:cool:
https://www.boomplayer.com/en/28559827_F84286AF18

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thread Polytarp. I plan to read it continually.

Like any skill poker involves discipline, "if you don't use it, you lose it" as they say.

It is imperative to your success as a player to implement and maintain the changes necessary to overcome the mistakes you will inevitably make.

By making this thread you are keeping yourself accountable and things in perspective.

I absolutely admire you for being aware that you have limitations and that there is more to life than poker.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Am playing the PS CC free roll while writing this.

Sunday is the day when I try to enter the biggest games I can (via satellites) and play my best...but it was the opposite for me thus far. Many great opportunities were squandered due to impatience with a few minor placements here and there. This is where having a tuned piece of poker software to assist in the decision making process would have saved me from some of the bad decisions I made.

Though not a great day my tuition to poker school has been paid at the tables again to keep the online poker economy running smoothly.

Last edited:
Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Reflecting on yesterday's dismal performance I decided to list some of the basic checkpoints I touch on prior to playing the following day:

List the amount of currency (Euro, GBP, CDN, USD and bitcoin) held in each of the poker sites..including funds transiting in and out.
List the amount of currency held in each of the online wallets (skrill, Ecopay...) as well as the destination bank accounts which earn interest. Awareness of timelines for funds to enter or exit as well knowing the processing fees incurred must always be included as a cost of playing online.

Site specific games where through my player level and the tickets (that won't expire before game day) I have I can decide which games to play. For example, party poker has a "Canadians only" daily free roll.
Forum specific games such as CC, bankroll Mob, Jackpot free rolls and others where you need to sign up and which will help your bottom line without risking "outside" money.
Password sites which provide access to games you could not play otherwise.
Once you have reviewed what games you are eligible to play in and the associated timelines and associated prize pools and player fields you can decide what to play or scamp it all...the operative term is "opportunity cost." Is it worth it to invest your time to play these games or do something else.

Along with the above MTT's, it's almost imperative to play cash games and satellite qualifiers...especially at my penny ante level. Generating a certain amount of rake at cash games at certain sites is the ONLY way to gain access to free rolls (Red Kings for instance). At 888 and PP there are also other benefits.
The PS 3-handed SNG's are a great source for satellite tickets and though I have not been able to capitalize on them this is a good place to try to qualify for the bigger games. At Titan, ACR and PP and I'm assuming elsewhere, if you jump into a rebuy/add on game within the last 2-3 minutes and rebuy and add-on, you will have saved yourself at least one hour of playing time and have placed yourself in a great position to recoup your investment and then some. This does require pouncing at the right time though.

Final point, on 888 certain slot games seem to provide a positive ROI. Playing only the minimum 15 cent amount that qualifies for the big jackpot, I have found that a bonus game and/or a scatter occurs usually once (possibly more) every 75 spins. Because 888 uses this play to add to your player points I have increased my player level as well as making a small profit or losing minimally.

Last edited:
MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subscribed, this is good content

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm capping this thread and starting a new continuation thread. In the new thread I'm trying to set boundary conditions (minimum bankroll for each site and minimum online wallet contents) so that I can enter the games I need to. I'm trying to set up a global equilibrium relative to all the games available to me and what I should actually play. The 'critical path' to follow is by implementing some of the observations within this thread.

As always, it's OK to make big bets as long as you can take the big hits and still survive to play at the lowest stakes to work your way back up. It's not really OK to be stupid but as long as you and I are able to learn from our mistakes and improve and make different mistakes then there is still hope for us.:D