True Grinder: The Ultimate Grind.

BillHall

BillHall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking about the Playmoney thing...

for a couple of days now, and I just don't like it. I don't think that it is close enough to real play to help you out in the long run. I could be wrong, but I believe that you would be better off just depositing real money and working on your real game.:eek:

Sardonix

Sardonix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i was you as soon as i hot 1m 80k i would sell 1 mill take the ten and play 1 dollar sngs with it. If you lose then you have 80k to turn into 1m 80k again. I'm saying do this because play money sucks and they arent even buying it for ten dollars a mil anymore i think. I think you should do fine playing 1 dollar sngs and if you lose you can build from the 80k again so you dont have to start from 1k again and you can sit 1-200 with 20k 4 times. I won't even play at poker stars anymore i got to much money elsewhere that i dont even bother. Private freerolls are the way to make money.

DKnight10

DKnight10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i was you as soon as i hot 1m 80k i would sell 1 mill take the ten and play 1 dollar sngs with it. If you lose then you have 80k to turn into 1m 80k again. I'm saying do this because play money sucks and they arent even buying it for ten dollars a mil anymore i think. I think you should do fine playing 1 dollar sngs and if you lose you can build from the 80k again so you dont have to start from 1k again and you can sit 1-200 with 20k 4 times. I won't even play at poker stars anymore i got to much money elsewhere that i dont even bother. Private Freerolls are the way to make money.

I agree with him on the idea of taking 1m for $10 and trying from there. You already went from $3 to $75 so you know you can, just need better BRM. But i do like your idea of racking up the play chips and selling, it's different than the common choice of free rolls so i like the idea. I would def. keep going with it but like Sard said, rather than playing for $150 in play chips, take $10 to $1 SnG's and try to build from there. If you somehow catch a bad streak of luck and lose 10 straight then nothing is hurt and you can go for another million chips. Just a thought though, you seem to have something pretty good going so this is just a suggestion.

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sardonix and Dknight, I think your both right. I'm sort of fed up with the play money idea. Not really fun anymore and I'm starting to feel my game slip away slowly as many on here said it would. So, what I'm going to do is sell 2 million and keep 2 million in the account in case I get cold cards.

This will be a big test for me. If I can stay at the $1 SNG's until I hit $100, I will be able to say my discipline has improved. If I can wait it out until I hit $200-300 to move up to $3 SNG's, I can say I've improved tremendously. If I can wait it out to $500 move up to $5 SNG's then I'll consider myself a grinder.

Though I wasn't able to make it to 15 million due to boredom, I can tell you, through my experiences, that it can be done...and quite easily. Only thing is, its not for everyone. So, if your trying to get a BR started and feel like you have no options, play money is definitely that option. It'll take patients, and you'll learn to deal with beats. Of course the beats will feel different when you play for cash, but since you are treating your play chips as the real deal I feel like its adequate training which is important because most of our losses (or mine anyway) come from tilting.

I've e-mailed PSCS and am currently waiting for their reply. When they send the e-mail, the real grind begins.

Sardonix

Sardonix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Grind is 100% possable. I won 32 dollars in a freeroll at cake poker. I stuck to 1 dollar sngs and 2-4c cash tables with a max buy in of $4. I told myself if i went down to 15 bucks i would only play 1 dollar sngs but i never went down. That was 2 months ago, now im up to 300 bucks in my account and ive sold my friend 160 bucks of my winnings. He buys 20 bucks off me everyday lol so i make 20 and he buys it. I USED to be a losing player because i didnt have any self control and freerolls and play money do ruin your style of play thats why i recommend as soon as you can leave that scene. GL

M

micahhoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with play money too long ruins any discipline you have built up over the years. Don't do it!

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sardonix and Dknight, I think your both right. I'm sort of fed up with the play money idea. Not really fun anymore and I'm starting to feel my game slip away slowly as many on here said it would. So, what I'm going to do is sell 2 million and keep 2 million in the account in case I get cold cards.

This will be a big test for me. If I can stay at the $1 SNG's until I hit $100, I will be able to say my discipline has improved. If I can wait it out until I hit $200-300 to move up to $3 SNG's, I can say I've improved tremendously. If I can wait it out to $500 move up to $5 SNG's then I'll consider myself a grinder.

Though I wasn't able to make it to 15 million due to boredom, I can tell you, through my experiences, that it can be done...and quite easily. Only thing is, its not for everyone. So, if your trying to get a BR started and feel like you have no options, play money is definitely that option. It'll take patients, and you'll learn to deal with beats. Of course the beats will feel different when you play for cash, but since you are treating your play chips as the real deal I feel like its adequate training which is important because most of our losses (or mine anyway) come from tilting.

I've e-mailed PSCS and am currently waiting for their reply. When they send the e-mail, the real grind begins.
They are both wrong about it messing up your game. Take it from somebody that has done this before.

bulldog2782

bulldog2782

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i googled selling play money chips and it said that you only get like .10c for every million. at least the first site that poped up said that

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure we're talking about Stars chips...

DKnight10

DKnight10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are both wrong about it messing up your game. Take it from somebody that has done this before.

Never said it would mess up his game, just think instead of going up to 5 mil or w/e in play chips would me easier to just take 1 mil and get $10 and start there, if he busts then do play chips again.

Also, i saw your previous thread and you had bad BR but i think playing $1 Sng's until $200-300 is a little overboard. If you are comfortable at $1 sng's i would bump it up to the $3 when i hit $60, $90 if you are being pretty conservative but the play in them is pretty awful so i think 20 BI's should be fine.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never said it would mess up his game, just think instead of going up to 5 mil or w/e in play chips would me easier to just take 1 mil and get $10 and start there, if he busts then do play chips again.

Also, i saw your previous thread and you had bad BR but i think playing $1 Sng's until $200-300 is a little overboard. If you are comfortable at $1 sng's i would bump it up to the $3 when i hit $60, $90 if you are being pretty conservative but the play in them is pretty awful so i think 20 BI's should be fine.
I never said play $1 sng's til you have $2-300?

DKnight10

DKnight10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said play $1 sng's til you have $2-300?

Sorry should have been more clear, 1st part was directed at you, Live was saying that he was going to play $1 sng's until $2-300.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry should have been more clear, 1st part was directed at you, Live was saying that he was going to play $1 sng's until $2-300.
Let me be more clear as well, I was responding to his post where he said it would mess up his game, I didnt realize you actually didnt say that it would

DKnight10

DKnight10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me be more clear as well, I was responding to his post where he said it would mess up his game, I didnt realize you actually didnt say that it would

Ah alright, it's all good

donallavery

donallavery

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i won 72$ in a freroll the most i ever won yay!!!! :) i reckon fulltilt has the best software by a mile there fairly gud for buying and selling chips so ive heard (quote)try them i dunno much about poker stars

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, haven't been playing at all the last few days. Instead I've been busy/waiting on these sites to buy my chips but they are either stocked up or paying like $4/million.

I've tried Pschipsource, pschipstore, bigbagbullets (don't do pokerstars cash) and bonus city (bit of a gamble...don't know anything about them).

With that said I'll probably end up making a deposit come Christmas if these sites don't pull through.

On the bright side, I'm getting my poker knowledge up with some more reading, but more importantly, I'm being patient :). I think being patient in other areas of your life as well as, but not limited to, the tables will improve your game in the long run which means more $$$. Huge work in process.

Sardonix

Sardonix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they arent really buying them anymore. But hey get what you can while you can without making a deposit. To Inscore77 I never said it would screw up his game all i said was some people can develope bad habits from playing play money or even get a false sense of their current skill and knowledge of the game. I have won and sold play chips myself and am doing it right to challenge myself and to get money on PS without making a deposit. But the whole game changes a lot when playing even 1-2c compared to play money. You may not have developed bad habits from playing with play chips but i have spoken to some who say that it did effect their game and the transition from play money to real money was more difficult than they thaught it would be. Anyways i would sell those chips for whatever you can get and start playing with real money asap because you never know if they are going to just stop buying them, or else you will have to deposit. The good thing about stars is the min is only 10 bucks.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heck I'll give it a try. I play the ultra donkfest 01/02 and freerolls all the time anyway. I also play in $10 SnGs that feel like freerolls sometimes so I m up for it.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so far in my first session I have gone from 4K to bust. Reloaded Now added 4K again got me to 112K. Gonna quit while I am ahead for today I think

Interested in hearing what the next step is? Do I retrn to another session with 40K at the same stakes? Or should I be going to higher limits.

I could just play a $5 double or nothing but while I am at work this seems like the best plan for a bit.

Last edited:
C

Cobryn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who the Hell is paying money for free chips?

And why?

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Left the table with 48K. Two raises ahead of me holding AA I decide they both have less than half my stack so I shove and they both call. AQ wins with a straight.