Chips
depending on table position i generally go allin but what is the standard

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you kind of half answered it. It definitely depends on table position...but....

If it's a freeroll......all in is pretty much the only way to play pairs your comfortable with.

If you're in a cash tourney or just cash table then it all depends on the players you've been with to find out how much you need to raise to find out the proper value for them. Usually 3bb will get you to a 1v1....usually

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
besides the position I also take into account the level and type of player who is present at the table. But generally I prefer 3 bet except for AA or KK.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pairs

pairs have a statistical advantage over all non-paired hands preflop. You can feel very strong in many situations if you have a pair, and from that point all you have to do is determine if you want to play strong or feign weakness. You have to know though that people can still draw a better hand, especially if you let them by faking weakness.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Pairs depend on a lot of factors,
You can’t go all in with any pair,
Depend also how much was raised by another player, or your the button.
Basically any poker hand has to depend on a lot of factors.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a freeroll......all in is pretty much the only way to play pairs your comfortable with.

Have to disagree on this one. A tournament being a freeroll doesn't affect how you should play your pocket pair.
What if OP is comfortable with 88s, should he shove 88s every time he/she gets them? Too many factors to consider: position, stack size, previous action, pre-flop ranges of your opponents etc.

I have seen more then several players in CC freeroll who shove pre-flop regardless of their stack. Once or twice they got called, showed a pair, and that pretty much sealed their faith! Who is ever gonna call them knowing that they are showing monster pairs only? they lose too much value playing like that...

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to disagree on this one. A tournament being a freeroll doesn't affect how you should play your pocket pair.
What if OP is comfortable with 88s, should he shove 88s every time he/she gets them? Too many factors to consider: position, stack size, previous action, pre-flop ranges of your opponents etc.

I have seen more then several players in CC freeroll who shove pre-flop regardless of their stack. Once or twice they got called, showed a pair, and that pretty much sealed their faith! Who is ever gonna call them knowing that they are showing monster pairs only? they lose too much value playing like that...

Im talking these $10 freerolls , Not the actual CC freeroll. In the $10 I don't care what pair you have , your best option is to shove because people all day call with everything. So any pair you're comfortable with …….jam

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on size stack, position, table image and what kind of players you're against. I personally think that players overvalue mid~low pairs, if the flop get too dangerous you have to play it safe(if your enemies checked flop and turn you can fire a bullet on the river) unless you hit a set, don't let them see cards for free.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're talking freeroll .. sure.. but any answer you'll get will have the word "depends" in it.. position, aggression.. how lucky you feel.. lol..
a few times I shoved with KK or QQ and get called with 54o and they hit a set or better.. but that's poker -_-

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Small pairs I don’t like to play with them often lose, since I already play 77 and above I play calmer and everything also depends on the position and situation at the table.