Tournament Training

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have attented 2 WSOP Academys, loved them! You might also check out PokerVT this site has improved my game 110%. Then again my game could do nothing but improve. The PVT pros are very active in the forums and quick to answer your questions. Also check out "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand At A Time" by Rizen, Apestyles and Pearljammer. I have, and read, all of Harringtons books, this book takes it to a whole new level. Good luck! ;-)

Thanks!

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
herschelw (sp?) is running a MTT camp for two weeks during october. The fee is somewhere in the low 2k range.

He offers two options:

A. You play the fee.
B. You pay a percentage of profits from MTT wins for 6 months.

It seems to be a very good value, considering the success of his other students.

Edit: Herschelw is the head of PokerPwnage, Ghettofabulous will be running it with him.

Theres also a chance they pick you to become a long-term student of them.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
herschelw (sp?) is running a MTT camp for two weeks during october. The fee is somewhere in the low 2k range.

He offers two options:

A. You play the fee.
B. You pay a percentage of profits from MTT wins for 6 months.

It seems to be a very good value, considering the success of his other students.

Edit: Herschelw is the head of PokerPwnage, Ghettofabulous will be running it with him.

Theres also a chance they pick you to become a long-term student of them.

Is this a live camp?

Oh ...and ZZFlop since I can see deleted posts I took the liberty of checking out your link - thanks! :p

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
For only a small fee I can give you Training on how to go out First in a tourney, guaranteed to work.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a live camp?

Oh ...and ZZFlop since I can see deleted posts I took the liberty of checking out your link - thanks! :p

Yeah, live camp at a beach house with a good amount of free time, wheres the downside in that? :p.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what i have seen, you do great in MTTs... Most of it is the waiting game, i need to remember more.

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For only a small fee I can give you Training on how to go out First in a tourney, guaranteed to work.

i am fairly certain that this is an empty boast :) it may be guaranteed to work if it were worded "one of the first to go out", but first...? have you never heard of suckouts?

debi - good luck with your studying! you should also let us know if you decide to try anything else but stox :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will probably end up joining PPXF too at some point - their videos are very clear and easy to see and they have lots of them. I have watched one of the free ones and it was good.

Another thing Matt Matros said was to mix up the field sizes - if your favorite tournament gets 5-7k entries to make sure you play some smaller ones too - some with about 1200-1500ish and some with several hundred.

It is hard to find double and deep stacks with less than a 1000 entrants. And I am absolutely no good at multi table sng's with 1500 starting chips.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try Bodog.

I refuse to play there once my last $30 is gone until they fix the issue of your table not popping up when the game starts. I am tired of starting tournaments 25 min late when I have been sitting at my computer the whole time because their tables do not pop up for you like every other site.

I had already lost 225 chips in blinds in the last one I played.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refuse to play there once my last $30 is gone until they fix the issue of your table not popping up when the game starts.

Can`t say I`ve noticed that. It takes you to your table as seating begins, two/three minutes before the game starts, as far as I recall.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At full tilt there's a 90 people sitngo with double stack. I played the $1.25 sitngo but i think there's also higher stakes too.

I never did well on this low stakes multitable sitngo, because while i wait for a good hand there's already one chip leader with 22000 chips. Some people just go all-in, it's kind of a freeroll really.

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a live camp?

OK, I deleted it cause I missed your post where you wrote that you're already a Stox-member so I thought the link was obsolete. ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can`t say I`ve noticed that. It takes you to your table as seating begins, two/three minutes before the game starts, as far as I recall.

No - you have to click on take me to my seat or something crazy like that. If you don't the game starts without you and you just fold until you remember you are supposed to be in the game. That doesn't work for me - I am too busy to stare at Bodog til the game starts lol.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No - you have to click on take me to my seat or something crazy like that. If you don't the game starts without you and you just fold until you remember you are supposed to be in the game. That doesn't work for me - I am too busy to stare at Bodog til the game starts lol.

I am pretty sure it doesn`t work that way for me. Something about your setup ? Help us out, people. How does Bodog work for you ?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am pretty sure it doesn`t work that way for me. Something about your setup ? Help us out, people. How does Bodog work for you ?

Well I sent them a complaint about it when it first starting happening and they did not offer a suggestion for how to fix it in their reply. And I complain about it every time I play a CC game and nobody has ever said it can be changed.

***edit - today 140 chips gone before I noticed. I hate that site lol.

Last edited:
FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have to click a button for it to take me to my seat in a Bodog tourneyi

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree totally with the Bodog gripe.

As for your reading your books problem. Using the HOH's as a perfect example, you should understand these were not designed to be read in one sitting, or two. They are bathroom books. You read a section, maybe 2 while taking care of other biz. If your in a hurry, eat some laxatives.....:eek:

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have to click a button for it to take me to my seat in a Bodog tourneyi

Yes, I played at Bodog last weekend and I remember now how it works. There is a popup that jumps up and says something like "Your tournament is seating now, do you wish to join your table ?" So, you click on yes.

Doesn`t seem difficult to me, Debi. Maybe you have too much other stuff open on screen, and that`s how you miss it ?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep - I am a busy woman and can't sit for 20-30 minutes staring at my Bodog table waiting for the game to start. :eek:

Doesn't seem like it would take much for them to do like every other site I know of and automatically take you to your seat. I don't have that problem at any other site I play at.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I refuse to play there once my last $30 is gone until they fix the issue of your table not popping up when the game starts. I am tired of starting tournaments 25 min late when I have been sitting at my computer the whole time because their tables do not pop up for you like every other site.

I had already lost 225 chips in blinds in the last one I played.

I understand having it pop up is a luxury, but it seems to me like something that is a necessity especially if you multi-table tournaments and are playing 3 or 4 tournaments... you really have no time to remember and look up and bring it up. This seems like a major issue with the site... I am glad I have never run into this problem with FT and PS (heck both of them have ran great for me for like 7 years!)

Sharesol

Sharesol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep - I am a busy woman and can't sit for 20-30 minutes staring at my Bodog table waiting for the game to start. :eek:

Doesn't seem like it would take much for them to do like every other site I know of and automatically take you to your seat. I don't have that problem at any other site I play at.

I can confirm this problem, happens to me on bodog all the time on any tourny I enter. Haven't contacted bodog or anything I'm just patiently being annoyed by it.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Yes, I played at Bodog last weekend and I remember now how it works. There is a popup that jumps up and says something like "Your tournament is seating now, do you wish to join your table ?" So, you click on yes.

Doesn`t seem difficult to me, Debi. Maybe you have too much other stuff open on screen, and that`s how you miss it ?
As Egon says there is a pop up a that asks do you want to join your table, what difference is it if that pops up or your table pops up. ;)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Egon says there is a pop up a that asks do you want to join your table, what difference is it if that pops up or your table pops up. ;)

Ummm...it doesn't pop-up unless you have the screen showing. You have to pull your tournament up to see it. So unless you are sitting there staring at the lobby waiting you won't see it.

Honestly - I don't see how anyone can stand that.

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm...it doesn't pop-up unless you have the screen showing. You have to pull your tournament up to see it. So unless you are sitting there staring at the lobby waiting you won't see it.

Honestly - I don't see how anyone can stand that.

same for me. If you have another webpage or another site open you don't see the popup. Only if you have Bodog lobby open you can see it:(