Tournament stratergy

ThinkDiffrent

ThinkDiffrent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most tournaments i play, i confidantly build my stack up and allways find myself in strong positions only to lose it all after the break, what should i do during the break to stop this

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Tournaments are not won in the early stages. If you understand this, everything will be fine.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tournament requires perseverance and a certain amount of free time! A good card comes at once rarely, so if there is not enough time for the game, it's better to not compete in the tournament-you will lose 90% of the time!

M

McDrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a large stack gives confidence and you could be playing more loose than you should. In late stages the remaining players are better so you need to read the better. You can play risky or aggressive against short stack and more conservative against the ppl that can take you out. If you are seeing a lot of flops and your stack keeps getting lower, stop and play tighter.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most tournaments i play, i confidantly build my stack up and allways find myself in strong positions only to lose it all after the break, what should i do during the break to stop this

All of the above is correct, but I'll repeat - when you type a large stack, you start trying to push it with a large stack, but in the tournament it's hard to squeeze out someone, most players call with a dead hand, and often fall into the flop! I try to play tight-aggressive, although I need to wait for a good hand, on another, I also reduce my stack!

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to have patience, maybe thats the 1st one needed skill to win a large MTT, so if you think there is something going on after the breaks, just slow down your pace and try a different strategy