ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tired, don't play

When you are tired, you are open to making simple mistakes

You will be vulnerable and an easy target

If your mind and body can only put in 5-6 hours a day, then do that, and nothing more

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Try different types of games. If you can't do long hours, you can probably do better doing sit and go's (if you can avoid getting bot-ringed or colluded against). You might also want to evaluate why you are playing. If you are putting in time for fun, stakes maybe don't matter for you. The games play differently at different stakes.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you should think of it this way. The average blue collar/white collar worker works anywhere from 7-10 hours a day. Putting in a grind of 5-6 hours doing something you love (hopefully poker), isn't so bad. If it begins to feel more like work, than taking a break or perhaps finding different games like the person above has said may help.
But I reckon that you're putting in 5-6 hours of grind to build your roll. If that's the case, finding different games you're not exactly confident at may in fact deplete your roll.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try to manage my poker games in a way as far as it concerns time (also BRM ) so as not to bother me and make me feel uncomfortable , very tired , not able to enjoy anymore poker . I choose the days and times to play , I see if I am going to play a tournament , freeroll or normal , for hours if needed .
Of course , sometimes things don't go as planned .
I also believe that some people are more energetic so after many hours of game are still more focused and tiredless than others , but this is part of the game . Most important for me is to have skill , patience , plan :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play as long as you can without losing.

Then the next time - try to play longer without losing.

I am very serious that if you try to play longer and longer - then you will be able to or you will discover your wall that you can not exceed.

Good luck !

P

PositiveEV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being tired is a sign

When I am doing something I love (not like....LOVE), time is of no consequence. I just love doing it. If poker is not that for you, then long sessions should not be part of your routine. Like someone else posted, you'll start to make small mistakes because a big part of you DOESN'T WANT TO BE THERE... ;)

So, be smart and get up. Do something else. Maybe you'll love it more if you round out your life somewhere else? Just a thought.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are some players more energetic?

I like the game but I don't like the long hours

I am talking 5-6 hours per day of anything

How to overcome?

Try sit and gos as previously suggested. Also try cash games as well. I prefer the long games, I feel once you learn how to last a long time, it becomes a game of who can last the longest. Good luck.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might just get tired much of the long game and you get bored.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only gain strength as the hours pass,,,:D Same with Baseball,,i never get tired of playing.:five:

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
caffeine and a lot of desire to win .. physical activity will also give you more disposition.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best option in your case is regular sport such as swimming. This will allow you to become more durable.