tips to understand the pattern of opponents?

J

jeff1nx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am having alot of difficult to understand the patter of the oponents, when I think I have understanded, he do the oposit thing I think he will do. How you understand the patter of you oponents?

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands they play and how aggressive they play is a good place to start! Also raise sizing!
Eg (and I've seen these) guy raises who usually limps, another guy re raises and then the original person who normally limps re raises again.... they go all in and guy who usually limps has aces which is not a surprise at all! Pattern: sudden strong moves can mean strength!
2 a person barely plays any hands and finally plays one but the flop is low with no face cards so they check it to you and you bet and they fold. Pattern: even though they were the pre flop aggressor they checked on a low board and considering they barely play any hands they must only play face cards ie tight passive
3 person raises normally and you follow them to the flop they normally bet half pot or check but this time on a 789 flop they bet pot! It's possible they're bluffing but the last couple of times they bluffed they bet half pot, conclusion probably has a straight! Pattern: bet size suddenly changing....
Another thing should do is look on YouTube or google and find out what tight passive, thight aggressive, maniac, nit, loose passive and loose aggressive means in poker or on YouTube type in "poker player types" or something!
This way when you notice something you'll be able to put the behaviour into some sort of category!

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if they all play a certain pattern. I believe that good players vary their strategy depending on the moment of the game, the position on the leaderboard, the position at the table ... They are much more variable than a single pattern. I don't know much about poker terminology, but in a single game you can see how certain players vary according to the progress of that game.:cool::cool:

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best players balance their ranges, the worst call too much and raise too little. Watch for the hands they show down to get a perspective on how they are playing - do they call a raise with A7o in the HiJack? Do they limp utg with AA? Do they show down a bluff with hands that unblock draws?

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more u see more. I'm sorry but There's no shortage in here.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be given a lot of advice on evaluating the actions of opponents, but I think it is easier for you to read several books on psychology and you will draw your own conclusions and, perhaps, find something new for yourself.
Look for books on poker psychology and new articles often appear on the Internet.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An effort is being made so that each player doesn't read his bet pattern, either.

byron42

byron42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if they all play a certain pattern. I believe that good players vary their strategy depending on the moment of the game, the position on the leaderboard, the position at the table ... They are much more variable than a single pattern. I don't know much about poker terminology, but in a single game you can see how certain players vary according to the progress of that game.:cool::cool:

I subscribe to this completely. Certain times (mtt player) in a tourney there are instances when you have to make decisions based on your stack that you usually wouldn't. If you're boss it's different, but most times you're not and it's kind of an ebb and flow imo. Also, traps are set up under this pretense by better players on a regular basis.

J

jeff1nx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a good point mauroMMMM, determine a strong players by his ability to adapt to many situations, I believe thats as the other friend saide in the coment below, only with the experience to develop this skill

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If playing online I would recommend investing in a HUD.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A great player keeps everyone guessing!

Poker Tips