CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a newbie poker player, I'm seeking your valuable insights and advice on effectively managing a bankroll when starting out. What tips do you have for beginners like me to ensure responsible bankroll management? Any strategies, guidelines, or personal experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The Short Stack Strategy is the main principle and if Somehow you get to be chip leader or big Stacked, follow the Big Stack Strategy; both Strategies are availabke on Poker School or on line. :coffee::coffee:

D

Dewitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always count 40 by-ins you should can effort to pay. For example, If you buy in at a MTT 5 euro , there should be more then 200 euro at your account.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think the standard for cash games is at least 20 buy-ins, for SNGs at least 50 buy-ins, and for MTTs at least 100 buy-ins. But it also depends a lot on the skill of the player. If the skill of the game is not very high, then you can safely multiply those values by 2.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
just use the bankroll table that is available on the Internet and you can't go wrong Play 100 bytes or 200 bytes to feel good and not worry about losing money in the game then you can play quietly and not worry that you lost 1% of the money from playing in 6-9 hours I think you will be able to play normally if there is no such experience and the result of the game will be better

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a newbie poker player, I'm seeking your valuable insights and advice on effectively managing a bankroll when starting out. What tips do you have for beginners like me to ensure responsible bankroll management? Any strategies, guidelines, or personal experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
It depends on your starting bankroll and if you can add to it from none poker earnings.

1 Find a game you can beat and play just that-
1a If you can get into a good home game that is a great way to build bankroll
1b Never play when you are not ready to play well- better to take 2 days off to rest than have two losing days
1c Online- Do not overload yourself with too many games at the same time slowly build up multiple tables do not just dive in.
1d Know the strategies for game you are playing- Live play is not like Online -micro stakes are not like higher stakes etc
1e Play when the games are good and table select (Cash Games)- If the games are softer in the evening into early morning play then
1f Online- use a HUD to record your play for review by you and others here on the site
1g If you can afford coaching get a coach to look at how you play as soon as you have a data base to share 1k hands is enough for a first look -no need to get paid coaching until you have a data base
This applies to all bankroll sizes-

Below applies to small bankrolls that we have to protect as we build.

2 Always look for ways to play for free to build your bankroll- freerolls- twitch streamer ticket giveaways- poker site social media giveaways etc- There are lots of these every week
3 Use free tools like GTO Wizard- Equilab -the 30 day course here etc to study and build skills at no cost.
4 Do not pay for a HUD find a free version.
5 Find study buddies having a group makes a huge difference.
6 Use some of your winnings to stake proven players as they play- buying as little as 1% of a better player can help grow your bankroll quickly

:unsure::geek:

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
It depends on your starting bankroll and if you can add to it from none poker earnings.

1 Find a game you can beat and play just that-
1a If you can get into a good home game that is a great way to build bankroll
1b Never play when you are not ready to play well- better to take 2 days off to rest than have two losing days
1c Online- Do not overload yourself with too many games at the same time slowly build up multiple tables do not just dive in.
1d Know the strategies for game you are playing- Live play is not like Online -micro stakes are not like higher stakes etc
1e Play when the games are good and table select (Cash Games)- If the games are softer in the evening into early morning play then
1f Online- use a HUD to record your play for review by you and others here on the site
1g If you can afford coaching get a coach to look at how you play as soon as you have a data base to share 1k hands is enough for a first look -no need to get paid coaching until you have a data base
This applies to all bankroll sizes-

Below applies to small bankrolls that we have to protect as we build.

2 Always look for ways to play for free to build your bankroll- Freerolls- twitch streamer ticket giveaways- poker site social media giveaways etc- There are lots of these every week
3 Use free tools like GTO Wizard- Equilab -the 30 day course here etc to study and build skills at no cost.
4 Do not pay for a HUD find a free version.
5 Find study buddies having a group makes a huge difference.
6 Use some of your winnings to stake proven players as they play- buying as little as 1% of a better player can help grow your bankroll quickly

:unsure::geek:
This is very informative. This will really improve my chances at building a bankroll from scratch with those available freerolls. Thanks for the tip.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Be very disciplined about how much money you are willing to put into your bankroll. If you run short, do not play until you replenish it from your extra income or from free rolls. Never "borrow" from money you need for your day to day expenses.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, maybe this can help you at the beginning.

D

Diego29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
It's important to mention the importance of learning to manage losing streaks. Poker is full of ups and downs and losing streaks are inevitable. By having a proper bankroll and a solid mindset, you can weather the odds and stay focused on gambling in the long term.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it's not paradoxically, my advice by managing own bankroll in Poker is very simple: merely to play by bankroll! That's it!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Poker Tips