Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I am currently a student and my financial possibilities are not the best, some tips or strategies for building a bank. I usually play the daily freerolls, but I usually win prizes in 1 out of 5 that I play. If I could deposit an amount of around 30-40 dollars, what recommendations could you give me to build a slightly larger bank.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice to you is play in all trustable rooms that you can because you probably don't have much time to play since you are a student, so, always play more than one freeroll at the same time. Also, since you don't have much time to play, I would suggest to join the poker rooms twitter (PS, ACR, 888, Party), they usually offers promotions and giveaways. It's not easy to win, but it only takes a couple of seconds to join. I've already won several tickets in these promos.
If you decided to deposit, $40 is not a big bankroll, so, always follow bankroll management (I like the 100x buy in rule).

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I am currently a student and my financial possibilities are not the best, some tips or strategies for building a bank. I usually play the daily freerolls, but I usually win prizes in 1 out of 5 that I play. If I could deposit an amount of around 30-40 dollars, what recommendations could you give me to build a slightly larger bank.
My recommendation is not to pay, just keep playing free tournaments. That's how you'll gain experience and a bunch of money that you'll increase over time. Just be patient, play when you're in the mood and fit. I wish you much success.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends a lot on what your expectations are and what is the amount that you are willing to allocate to play poker.
Regarding the sources to obtain financing, a totally valid option could be through freeroll games.
Once you start playing for money, there are some sites like ACR that allow you to accumulate gaming experience and then redeem your accumulated experience (measured by military ranges) for real money.
Greetings.

Hanselot

Hanselot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
As I have read and seen in many places, it is recommended to start by depositing a small amount of money, no more than $50. It's important to identify your playing style, such as regular tables, tournaments, sit & go, or Spin & Go, as each has its own variance and dynamics. After that, if you lose your money, it's crucial not to risk capital that you need for your day-to-day expenses. So, if you decide to make another deposit, it should be a smaller amount. Once you have success or if you excel in a specific poker room, you can consider making a new deposit with clear objectives in mind.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to build a bankroll you must first study the game then practice a lot with the freerolls so you can learn and win free money and then play seriously with the lower levels.

mbermejo174

mbermejo174

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
keep it up with freerolls, gain experience then start playing some cheap tables, go with patience

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One strategy that you might consider is starting with small buy-in tournaments, where the entry fees are a small fraction of your bankroll. This way, you can learn and develop your skills without risking too much of your bankroll. Also, take advantage of bonuses and promotions that poker sites offer.

Good luck and have fun at the tables!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30-40$ is not the greatest bankroll for 2NL cash games, but its not terrible either. If you are a winning player, its going to work more often than not. And if it dont, its not the end of the world, since you can perhaps redeposit at some later point. So why not just give it a shot? The plan would then be to stay at 2NL, until you have something like 100$, at which point you start taking some "shots" at 5NL. If you prefer tournaments, then the games to play with a 30-40$ bankroll, will be 1$ SnGs and lower. On pokerstars it could be the 25c and 50c "on demand" games and maybe some 1$ 9-mans.

Of course its also fine trying to add some more money to the bankroll from freerolls to speed up the process and reduce the risk of having to redeposit. So maybe try to qualify for "platinum level" at CC. That opens up some pretty decent freerolls, you play play several days a week. But I do advice not relying solely on freerolls, since it will limit the amount of volume, you can put in, and slow your development as a player. You want to test yourself against the competition in games, where people put up their own money and prove, you can beat them. If that is not the case, its pointless to even talk about "bankroll", since any money will eventually be lost, if you continue playing.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Stick strictly to a sound bankroll management strategy, I am always in favour of this because it works! Reading many books from well known professional players, most will say it is the most important aspect in deciding which games you should play, and which games should be avoided.
I had a "Mantra" I used to say to myself when I first started playing Holdem and that was "If you haven't had to pay, you don't have to play" meaning if you have not had to stake a blind, there is nothing wrong in folding your hand. It taught me to be patient and wait for the best spots to win pots and pay more attention to position when entering pots.
This also works with your Bankroll, if you decide to enter a game and the buy-in is outside your BR strategy, then stay away from them, play games you are comfortable with and stick to them until you feel confident to go up a level.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What is your preferred format? Cash or tournaments? Personally, I don't play cash and am trying a BR challenge myself from $0 to $1000. I'm currently at $158 and I employed the following strategy:
Obviously start with CC Freerolls to start the BR off.
Get to $10 and then start to add $0.25 SnG's.
Get to $25 and add $0.50 SnG's.
Get to $60 and add $1.00 SnG's.
Get to $150 and add $2.00 SnG's and $1 MTT's
Get to $400 and add $5.00 SnG's and $2 MTT's

You can skip the $0.25 games all together with a $30 deposit and you can consider taking the odd shot at the $1.00 games once you're at $50.

Good luck!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you play hard and you are confident in your game, $40 is enough for you to play $1 games, and if you are weaker then play less to have enough for 100 games I think you can raise your pot if you play well anyway

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's really hard to say what you should do. Not knowing if you're a winning player is part of the issue. I think the best thing you could do is just play the free rolls and build up you stack with learning and improving in the game. You're in school and that should be your priority while you build up the bank roll. Once you have say $150.00 or so follow Fundivers advice on bank roll management. Don't be afraid to move down if you're losing. This will allow you to play longer without going broke.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother.
If you are starting I would recommend freerrols.
So that little by little you can build your bankroll.
The process is slow and requires a lot of patience.
If you enter only to play tournaments, it is important to opt for profitable tournaments that are within your reach in time and field.
And do not exceed 1% of your bankroll entry.
You can play if you want a tournament of 2% of your bankroll but don't get used to it.
There should always be an average.
Semi Pro or Pro players take many years to build a significant bankroll.
Situate yourself as if this were a personal micro-enterprise, in which your investment must be placed in terms of not leaving your micro-enterprise bankrupt.
Greetings brother and good luck;);););););)

Poker Tips