Tips for beginners

K

Kranston01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play and not lose? First of all, learn the rules of the bankroll. The math is extremely simple, never play cash if the buy-in is greater than 5% of the bankroll, leave the table if the stack is greater than 10%. Tournaments play only those where the buy-in is less than 2% of thbankroll. Second, play only in position. Try not to enter the Bank with multiple players. To do this, isolate them. How to isolate'll discuss in the next posts. Third, play initially with a narrow range of hands. This will help avoid losses on stage studying the table. Fourth, it comes out of the third. Study the table, try to read opponents. How do they get into the Bank? How often is this done? How do they behave on different streets? How do they protect their bets? This information is priceless! It will definitely allow you to choose the tactics that will be perfect and win. These are the four basic rules! They must be strictly observed, deviation from them even for a short period is fraught with the loss of the Deposit.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good tips. But for beginners, there is one better tip. Play freerolls until you can build a bankroll from scratch.

ProIluminati

ProIluminati

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, how many blessings are you from Venezuela? Write the ID SoyDocta. I would like to know how to enter cardchat tournaments from other days that are not only Thursday or that recommend me to participate in more tournaments since here in my country is very difficult to deposit as many know it already thank you very much in advance and luck in your games less against my najajajajajaj

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for two years, I think in order to learn how to play well it’s better to choose freerolls! To bring the ability to play by the rules to automatism and then just start playing for money.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for money, you need to start with micro limits

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, all right, there is described a perfect game, as it should be according to the tutorial, but in reality it is not so in online poker and in live poker play very differently, I would say the opposite ))). Recently I read a story online of a novice who first played in live tournaments, he says that stockmanagement, ranges of hands, counting outs, poker math, and in general all this is nonsense, play any two cards in the gut.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Good tip is try to prevent tilt by reading more books of psichology!

P.S. Player 2 is winner: with hand 88Q65 against 88Q64

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Tips for beginners.
Be patient and disciplined.
Play only with strong cards.
Use your position at the table.
Every time, try to analyze your mistakes and draw conclusions. Every day, refine your skills.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The biggest tip I can offer is to study before jumping straight in. 90% plus bust their initial deposits so don't leave it late to learn like I HAVE

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn from your mistakes
Learn to play in position
Learn which cards to play and which to fold
Have the guts to fold AA if you see your hand is likely to lose
Don't get into an argument with someone in the game
Focus on the game from start to finish, the game only finishes when you have no chips left.
If you have only 50 chips left, you can still win the tournament. I've done it many times.
If you chip leader, do not lose focus of the game

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As an amateur poker player, not necessarily a beginner, one should be concerned about minimizing loses before maximizing wins. At 1-2 cent tables, the lowest stake tables available online, the vast majority of players buy in for the maximum of 2 dollars. That is a mistake in my opinion. Buying in for only 80 cents would allow the same player to stretch his/her bankroll 2.5 times while having the same amount of fun and achieving the same amount of experience playing the same game at the same table against the same opponents.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New players should start playing freerolls instead of straight cash,
Find a site with good freerolls first and play those and if you do good and have a good feeling you can make profit, find a site that has

1: A good deposit bonus
2: Good enough rake-back
3: Soft player field

And still keep playing freerolls while you play MTT's
And follow BRM, dont spunk your freeroll winning in 1 or 2 games :)

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fgg

My top tip for a new poker player is to study others moves.Via youtube you can see smart actions good values for monster hand etc.Good luck .

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for this very interesting advice... It makes sense... and is easy to follow, with the percentages in and out, and the table-targeting...
Keeping extraneous money off the table, is very important.
Targeting an opponent is an interesting thing also...
I have reached the point where, when my head is on, I offer myself as a soft target to a player such as this... but sometimes you don't see the pattern quickly, so making notes is vital.
The goal of doubling up and sailing off into the sunset is def the way to go!

Last edited:
E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners id say keep it simple play solid poker and take some risk when necessary specially when in deep in a tournament:)

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just stay relax, play good hands and dont bluff if you cant ...

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important key to success, learning how to fold. An ego is expensive.

Poker Tips