Tips for a beginner player

F

felipesms

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
What are the best tips you would give for a novice player?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Know if you bet for value or bluff and if you think your opponents bet for value or bluff.

It is an easy shortcut to get a plan for your hand or how to react to your opponents.

Another simple way to make things easier, in the beginning, is to almost only play good cards and be in position most of the time when you choose to take action.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Improve your game by implementing study sessions.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The most important thing is to have fun because, it is after all a game and games are supposed to be fun. :) That doesn't mean to not study, learn, and improve your game, but rather to enjoy it no matter what your skill level is at any point along the way. :)

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, first, don't be afraid of losing and don't respect aggressive players too much, thinking that you're always losing and here on the forum people also give a lot of cool tips that will help you!(y);)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don’t overestimate a flush with no ace.
2 pairs is often a losing hand.
Do not play while tired.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say, if you are right at the beginning, really really cut down on the number of hands you play. Learn to then add a wider variety of hands in position.
If you are ever not sure if you should call or fold, then fold. Don't then worry if the player had a worse hand than you. This is fine.

Once you are doing OK in at all times then you can start to add more complex parts of the game.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the tip I can give you is to study a lot after that, start playing micro buy ins to increase your bankroll and increase your game knowledge, after that you won't be such a beginner anymore, I hope it helps you

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What are the best tips you would give for a novice player?
1. Register an account on CardsChat.
2. As soon as possible, fulfill all the conditions and get access to all possible freerolls of our community.
3. Improve your skills, gain experience and build a bankroll by playing our freerolls.
4. Take our free course:
5. Always remain a patient and disciplined player.
Good luck :)

daveman640

daveman640

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
always play easy and don't get frustated loosing with good cards.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
My advice is to first read some poker books about the poker form you want to play for example no limit holdem and especially learn about pot odds.After that start playing freerolls and build a bankroll. Then play at micro levels and get a feel for poker and the style of poker that fits your personality.Build your bankroll and only move up from micro levels if your bankroll is getting bigger.The size of your bankroll decides what level you can play.You need to have 20 times the buyin in your bankroll to enter a new level for example to play at 5 dollar tables you need 5 times 20 =100 dollars.gl

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello :)
I think it is very important for beginners to understand one simple thing. Namely, that you shouldn't play with junk :)
Understanding this simple rule will allow you to develop and progress much faster.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Wins don't bring as much joy as losses bring sadness, so play responsibly. Poker is not as easy as it seems.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My best tip may sound facetious but it is don't learn. If you do, play only freerolls for a year or two and see if you can build a bankroll from there.

Poker Tips