H

Hiperlobo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys I'm new here,
I would like advice from you because I normally play poker tournaments and at first I get along very well but over the course of the blinds they increase and I start to decline a lot, any advice?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi Hiperlobo, welcome to Cardschat (y)

Have you educated yourself about poker? I sounds like you haven't.

Please, feel free to take our free poker course. It will give you tips, you will learn many things about poker, and become a better player.

lukaszkrzi

lukaszkrzi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are having some difficulty maintaining your performance in poker tournaments as the blinds increase. This is a common issue that many players face, but there are a few strategies that you can use to help you overcome this problem.

First, it's important to understand that as the blinds increase, the value of a given hand decreases. This means that you will need to adjust your hand selection accordingly. For example, in the early stages of a tournament, you might be able to play a wider range of hands profitably, but as the blinds increase, you will need to tighten up and only play the strongest hands.

Another strategy you can use is to focus on exploiting your opponents' weaknesses. As the blinds increase, many players become more desperate and make more mistakes. By paying close attention to your opponents' tendencies and exploiting them, you can gain an edge and maintain your performance.

Additionally, it's important to maintain a well-balanced strategy throughout the tournament. This means paying attention to your chip stack, your position at the table, and the action in the hand, and adjusting your play accordingly. For example, if you have a large chip stack, you can afford to take more risks, but if you have a short stack, you'll need to play more conservatively.

Finally, it's important to maintain a positive attitude and stay focused throughout the tournament. Tournaments can be long and grueling, and it's easy to let your emotions get the best of you. But by keeping a level head, you'll be better able to make good decisions and maintain your performance.

In summary, as the blinds increase in a tournament, it's important to adjust your hand selection, exploit your opponents' weaknesses, maintain a well-balanced strategy and maintain a positive attitude and focus. These strategies will help you to maintain your performance and give you the best chance of success in the tournament.

Poker Tips