Time to reset and have a fresh start

boomsmitty

boomsmitty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've decided to press the restart button on my NLH journey.

Instead of just loading random amounts onto my online account and wasting it away on spin and go's and other rubbish formats, I'ver decided to get focused.

So I'm going to reset and start afresh.

1st January 2020 I will load up a small bankroll and try grow it from there. Going to play 6 max MTT's between $2-$3 online.

Between now and then I'm going to get into the basics of theory and learn a good foundation; evaluating ranges properly, push/fold charts etc. Going to try and unlearn the bad habits that have accumulated over the years.

Anyone have any suggestions for a fresh start? What aspects of the game are important for a solid foundation?

Cheers

M

mpkr10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get a really good coach. Also I would recommend playing cash instead of mtts. You aren't going to make a lot of money fast like you can with mtts if you run hot but you will improve your game a lot more I think. Unless your long term goal is only/mostly mtts then maybe stick with mtts.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although it may seem silly, is something that in this scene sells a lot. There are cash players, kicking him, but Sit & Go? Do You Know Many? These are the could draw the chambers as well as move you a ANIMALADA of rake, therefore also must be taken into account.
With all this nor do I wish to sell the bike that Sit & Go are the panacea, or much less, are so hard and sacrificed as the cash. I just think it is an option that is discarded too lightly wrongly and without having weighed the pros and cons. The Sit & Go are great to start building your bankroll and at average levels in order to be a consistent winner if you know where to look... and you have the entire network for you.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Although it may seem silly, is something that in this scene sells a lot. There are cash players, kicking him, but Sit & Go? Do You Know Many? These are the could draw the chambers as well as move you a ANIMALADA of rake, therefore also must be taken into account.
With all this nor do I wish to sell the bike that Sit & Go are the panacea, or much less, are so hard and sacrificed as the cash. I just think it is an option that is discarded too lightly wrongly and without having weighed the pros and cons. The Sit & Go are great to start building your bankroll and at average levels in order to be a consistent winner if you know where to look... and you have the entire network for you.

The problem is that it gets harder and harder to find good games online.

If you specialize in Cash you can at least train online and earn money LIVE.

Try finding SnGs Live.

To be perfectly honest: above very low stakes, I think it only possible to still earn significant money in Cash Live Poker.

So my recommendation, if you train to win money(that means something): learn to win in Cash Games.

If you play just for fun: play the things you like.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You plan to do an analysis of your game. Then initially do not rush, focus on the mistakes made. You will have time to spend money on a new bankroll always.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself have done this recently and focused more on mtts and have had good results. Decided to stay away from cash as one cooler can destroy your bankroll as I have found on numerous occasions where Mtts it's your buy in only often minimal. Since doing this in the last 3 weeks I have won 2 $11 tourneys and final tabled a handful of others buy ins from 5.50-33$. Try sticking to solid fundamentals and stay focused the results will come obviously some run good is needed but that goes without saying

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decided to stay away from cash as one cooler can destroy your bankroll

Not if you are using any sort of reasonable bankroll management like 30 or even just 20 BI for the limit, you play.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not if you are using any sort of reasonable bankroll management like 30 or even just 20 BI for the limit, you play.
This is where my reset happened because I did not have good bankroll management but now this is far better