Thoughts on All-in at low limits

Delafere

Delafere

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
With AA KK and AK against weak players, it makes sense to bet the entire stack expecting a wide call. In my opinion, we will win more chips with this move than with a 3-raise and postflop play

bioluchin

bioluchin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I don´t think so. I prefer to raise preflop a bit strong, and after flop make a bigger stack (mabye entire), it depend on card in flop

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in preflop is a losing strategy no matter what hand you have and against who you are playing. It depends on the situation of course, but situation dictates weather you are willing to gamble or not. It still is a losing strategy simply because you gamble…

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you 3bet or with hands like that there is a change to be a 4 way pot or more so it is much better for a direct showe

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I play micro limit and often lose AA, KK, AK all-in before the flop

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With AA KK and AK against weak players, it makes sense to bet the entire stack expecting a wide call. In my opinion, we will win more chips with this move than with a 3-raise and postflop play
This makes sense if there is a player at the table who always goes all-in. But if there are no such players at the table, then such cards should be played as a standard raise or 3bet, and a big 4bet on the opponent's 3bet will be the best solution.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With super nutted starting hands I think the best approach is to open raise because we don't need the fold equity by our opponents. Sometimes we open raise AA-KK even with a 10 bbs stack.
On the other hand poker is all about adaptation , if you have a calling station at your table who is calling super wide then go for it!

But we start open jamming with 15+bbs I mean it's not a good move to shove the entire stack in the middle , for example with 30 bbs.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wrong way. It's a normal hand like all others. You have to remember that one single pot win is not mean you win the whole tourney

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
never to risk whole mtt life with those hands so early on unless you have somewhere to go . ofc you cant fold AA if some one jammed before you

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to play against weak players at low stakes even with a strong hand. How they play for luck, not for reason. And more often than not, they're going to run into you.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What you should do is watch your table, see which players are tighter, or looser, you should adopt different strategies against them, be more aggressive playing against tighter opponents, and extracting the maximum from looser players, but we must not leave going all in, this move is very deficient, because we have to know how to fold AA, KK the premium hands, when the connection of the board does not favor us. Note: when we face a raise and we have a stack of 20bbs it will always be more profitable to play all-in with these hands vs looser players, and against more restrained players a 3bet of 2.2x-2.5x is a good move too, already deep stack is not good to play all in.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Going All In PreFlop with AK does not seem right to me, many call you with Junk and connect their cards, I would rather see the Flop and then decide.