AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I have been playing stakes ranging 5$ - 88$ MTTs

5$-10$ MTTs
Play is straightforward as each player is playing his own game. * they will step out of bounds as all under circumstances
Tables have regs Not many dead money players mainly tight and passive strategy being adopted and a whole lotta folding.
Players understand each others actions and raises
Solid/tight Range
Double Barreling is common
Double Barreling with nothing is rare
check re-raises mean your opponent has strength

22$ - 88$ MTTs

Wider ranges and really good tight gears both passive and aggro
Balanced 3 bet range with non premium holdings
Can understand and read opponents
bet sizing,patterns and advanced strategy AND THE ABILITY TO PLAY BACK when appropriate/adjust
SB folds and reraises/squeezes more
Cbets are more common and bet more uniquely 1/4-3/4
Check raising a Villians C-bets more often with a wider range now including draws coupled with bluff and fold equity
SPR is better taken into account for shortstacks and causes tighter aggressive shortstack play
Floating a cbet in position becomes viable
Floating a C-bet out of position becomes more common
Check raising a C bet with a BLUFF also becomes more common and *Extremely Viable to shutdown the constant C-betting aggro in position*
Cbets become less scary and carry less weight
Understanding of ICM and ability to fold to 1 BB on the Final table to go up that one finish place.
Adjusting to shorthanded ranges and playing appropriately

Alright I could go on for quite a bit longer or infinitely lol
Hope you guys take these words with you on your stakes jump. Its a shark eat Fish world out there gl
-AKQ

Last edited:
J

Jak0diamonds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was reading the other day that someone was saying 11$ and up people really care about their cards and their money wich means rare fish and semi donks.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was reading the other day that someone was saying 11$ and up people really care about their cards and their money wich means rare fish and semi donks.

The percentage of really bad players definitely drop, as you move up. On a site like pokerstars its quite noticeable even from something like 1,5$ 45 man SnGs to 3,5$ 45 man SnGs.