One thing I still cannot figure out

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is how to win villains don't fold and the board always goes against you.

I still haven't figured that out. bluffing doesn't work, and value betting only inflates the pot when they suck out.

Just shove every big hand you have preflop and hope it holds up?

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game that you have to study your opponents behavior... I know its more dificult cause you are playing online. but you have try to understand why they call all your allins... just try with magnific hands.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to avoid them, or wait, until I can re-raise them over the top, all-in.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why they call your allins.

Are you only aggressive when you have big cards? Others will pick up on that, mostly back away, let you have smaller pots. But they are waiting to pounce, they've seen you make some easy money, but when they feel they "have" THE cards, they will call anything.
If its a free-roll or small stakes, players will call all-ins, to satisfy their curiosity, "did he really have the nuts?"

Your idea of only shoving with big cards is good, with experience you will know the other cards, what times, to shove. You are on the right path, building your knowledge base.

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
figuring out villians

You just need to do the work , study, play and learn.
Watch what hands they play with hand history. Then you can see how they play in order to counter it.

If you are doing the right things and play right. You should not worry and just play your game.

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello .. I’m reading the book of the snooker, because he writes about it like this .. you should even be happy to lose against such players, because in the long run, they will definitely lose to you, and I can give you the same advice, rejoice in such opponents

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very hard to do, but I'm starting to fold big hole cards pre or post flop like AJ, A10, pockets under 10s after a 3-bet.. After all, pocket aces is the best starting hand. Once the flop is there, all bets are off!

I don't have any study on the subject, but I find more easy to make some players fold on the turn then pre or post flop.

I also try not to always shove my stack before the river or turn.. jamming is part of the game, right, but I choose my battle. The best in poker is to put someone to decision for all his chips.. not yours :D

The firt time I tried that, I won the MTT... lucky? maybe, but since it helps me go deeper in my game

Good luck!

-TRP-

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had the same problem playing online.. Once I see the opponents hand I just think to myself whether I could have played the hand better and try to learn from there. Or, if I played the hand correctly and the opponent got lucky, I can move on because I know over the long run I will win more of those hands than I lose (statistically speaking). Keep grinding!

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just fold when you are beaten

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Switch up your style of play constantly... if a batter sees nothing but fastballs one will go out of the park

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you value bet. if they suck out, as you said, welp =( look at this liek this you would shove/call AA nomatter what villain has, right? but you still might loose, right? 20/80 most of the time, still calling, right? so... if they suck out they suck out.

windstaressf

windstaressf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game idepend oponnent

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play smart, tight and aggressive in order to catch players who always push. Changing up your game will keep people guessing about your tendencies and how you play so their pushing will be less effective.