Are these good books?

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, what do you think of this list of poker books to increase the game?

1. Power Hold´em (Daniel Negreanu)
2. Easy Poker Mathematics (Moacir Martinez)
3. Learning to Play Poker (Leo Bello)
4. Kill Everyone (Lee Nelson)
5. The Poker Mind Game (Barry Carter)
6. Texas Hold'em. odds and Odds. Limit, No-Limit and Tournament Strategies (Matthew Hilgler)
7. The Green Book of Poker: Texas Hold'em (Phil Gordon)
8. Cash Games Online. 6 Max No-Limit Hold'em Poker (Dan Harrington)
9. The Book of Bluffs - How to bluff and Win at Poker (Matt Lessinger)
10. How to win poker tournaments (Eric Lynch)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Interesting list. Honestly, I have not read any of these books.

Z

Zaksdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have several of these ...
1) Daniels book has 5 chapters from 45-60 pages by various pros, each explaining a different concept in depth from their perspective ... chapter 6 is 90 pages of Daniel on playing small ball ...
5) Hilger - My book is Hold 'em odds and probabilities but probably the same book ... strageties for tourneys, limit and NL, and a lot of quizzes ...
7) Gordons Green Book is a compilation of pretty basic hold em info ...
8) All of Harringtons books are co-written, this one is 500 pages and informative but a lot to absorb
9) Lessingers book uses a lot of examples and hand histories ...

Depending on your level of poker expertise, all of these are a good read but with the possible exception of Gordons book not for beginners, authors are assuming you're not a novice, if you don't have a good grasp of what you're reading about it will go right over your head ...

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have several of these ...
1) Daniels book has 5 chapters from 45-60 pages by various pros, each explaining a different concept in depth from their perspective ... chapter 6 is 90 pages of Daniel on playing small ball ...
5) Hilger - My book is Hold 'em odds and probabilities but probably the same book ... strageties for tourneys, limit and NL, and a lot of quizzes ...
7) Gordons Green Book is a compilation of pretty basic hold em info ...
8) All of Harringtons books are co-written, this one is 500 pages and informative but a lot to absorb
9) Lessingers book uses a lot of examples and hand histories ...

Depending on your level of poker expertise, all of these are a good read but with the possible exception of Gordons book not for beginners, authors are assuming you're not a novice, if you don't have a good grasp of what you're reading about it will go right over your head ...
thanks, nice explanation

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys, what do you think of this list of poker books to increase the game?
hi hi makian :ciao:

i just count - i have 18 poker books - i check versus your list...
i have #1, #7, #8

yes i read them all
and i still lose most the time

i believe comes down to practice play hands, no on amount books read?

blond.jpg

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've red only kill everyone. I founded very exciting at that moment. It changed my game.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge is never too much, but I learn more by reading.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started reading poker books, it’s more interesting for me to look at how the great players at the table behave and analyze their game. I’ll add a couple of books to the list for reading.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly I think some books with good content, but if I were to invest in knowledge I would not buy a book but a course or coach with someone from the middle of poker. Books are a great learning experience too, but most are old and if you have any doubts you won't have anyone to turn to. Now a course or coach doesn’t, in addition to all study material, always have some online support and some channel that you can take your questions too, so if it were to invest in poker knowledge I wouldn’t buy books but would do some course or coach .

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have Daniel's book and about 10 others, none of them on your list. There are also several online things I've studied. They all help in their own way.
Reading books is not very helpful - studying them is essential.
Good luck with whichever one(s) you chose to study.