Test hand for SNGers @ micro stake, please take part!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His range is huge, I would put him on anything from Q8 on up to K rag, or a lo pr (which might have hit trips)... anything more and he would have rerased preflop.
I would flat call and see the turn.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His range is huge, I would put him on anything from Q8 on up to K rag, or a lo pr (which might have hit trips)... anything more and he would have rerased preflop.
I would flat call and see the turn.

x2

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flat call, looking to hit your gutshot, but also as a float and be willing to bet if checked to on the turn if a danger card hits (any club, any card that completes a straight plus any aces or kings)
best play imo

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand #********* at SnG-******* (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)
Started at 04/Sep/08 17:37:15

Kerouacsdog is at seat 2 with 5740.
DarkAngel_11 is at seat 3 with 3260.
The button is at seat 2.

Kerouacsdog posts the small blind of 50.
DarkAngel_11 posts the big blind of 100.
Kerouacsdog: 9s 6h
DarkAngel_11: -- --
Pre-flop:

Kerouacsdog raises to 200. DarkAngel_11 calls.
Flop (board: 5c 4c 8h):

DarkAngel_11 bets 400. Kerouacsdog calls.
Turn (board: 5c 4c 8h 9d):

DarkAngel_11 bets 1200

OK, turn gives me top pair, with a gutshot straight draw. Villian bets the pot, what's he got, and what do I do?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ugh, pretty tough spot here. We are only really ahead of flush draws and 8's. Without stats or major reads, i sigh and just flat call, although it doesn't seem like a great option, folding is way to nitty imo and raising is obviously bad. So I flat call and kind of expect villain to have flush draw + overs, an everything draw, an 8 or 2 pair.

Given his range that i have just written however, the right play is probably to shove over the top here, but it just doesn't feel like the most ideal play.

sigh, i really don't know, i probably shove now i've thought about it more, since our 9 is most likely good, and i don't mind playing for stacks, since we are either ahead of flush draws or combo draws, but also have quite a few outs against 2 pair hands. We have also seriously under repped our hand in a weird way. Villain is very unlikely to put us on our current holding, and most likely thinks we are drawing/have overcards, so could easily be potting any pair here, so ye i shove

Edit: The above post, is my actual thought processes put into writing, so mind the scruffiness and unstructuredness

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain only has 1200 behind now, so its raise or fold. From your read on villain you're not folding top pair (with outs) HU. KD already told us he won the hand so I hope he just put it allin here.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just realized I made up the math there...thought more was already in the pot. Close enough, you're not calling and folding the river. Decide now if you're ahead, don't let villain save some chips on the river if its a bluff draw...although its probably going in either way.

Last edited:
P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am a little confused if your the button then how could you place the small blind in this hand, wouldnt you have to put in the big blind if its heads up :confused:

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm going with Switch on this one.

A bit more of my thoughts on the hand to add to Switch's post.

Maybe villian hit the 9 with a better kicker, doubt he made a straight but it iss possible (which makes his bet pot bet a bad play that might chase you away when he can bet less so you call to make more money off of you) Anyway, you're still on top pair with a draw so flat call or push hard, not folding as I gotta see the next card.

So, does he the straight with 67 in the hole, 2 pr, 9's with better/worse kicker, over pair pockets or just being pushy bluffing with high card or draw? That remains to be seen. (gut says he's being pushy on a week hand)

Last edited by a moderator:
pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove, ur ahead of his range and even if u r beat at this point in time, u have outs

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am a little confused if your the button then how could you place the small blind in this hand, wouldnt you have to put in the big blind if its heads up :confused:

Button is always the small blind in heads up.

I'd have flat called the turn as well, villain's range there should be huge and it's a pretty cheap price to try for our gutshot.

On the turn, I shove this in a little over a New York second. We're realistically only worried about a fairly small range of hands - weird two-pairs, 67 for the straight and sets. His range (including his calling range) should still be much wider than that and include pretty much any pair here.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand #********* at SnG-******* (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)
Started at 04/Sep/08 17:37:15

Kerouacsdog is at seat 2 with 5740.
DarkAngel_11 is at seat 3 with 3260.
The button is at seat 2.

Kerouacsdog posts the small blind of 50.
DarkAngel_11 posts the big blind of 100.
Kerouacsdog: 9s 6h
DarkAngel_11: -- --
Pre-flop:

Kerouacsdog raises to 200. DarkAngel_11 calls.
Flop (board: 5c 4c 8h):

DarkAngel_11 bets 400. Kerouacsdog calls.
Turn (board: 5c 4c 8h 9d):

DarkAngel_11 bets 1200. Kerouacsdog raises to 4800.
DarkAngel_11 goes all-in for 2660. Kerouacsdog is
returned 2140 (uncalled).
Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

Kerouacsdog shows 9s 6h.
DarkAngel_11 shows ****.

River (board: 5c 4c 8h 9d 5d):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:
ok, so villian bet on turn, I raised all-in and villian calls.
River card is 5d, I hit two pair, 9's and 5's and win.............final question, what did villian have...................?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% certain that villain had 8-4

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^the immortal hand????
nah, but you're nearly right...........................will post villain's hand later.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I figure eight and a draw, either the gutshot or clubs.

Last edited:
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a New York second ? Sounds like a cocktail :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he had a 4, and what else everyone?
will post this complete hand at midnight when I get in, got pool league tonight.................

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he had a 4 in his hand, then your read that he was a pretty good player who knew what he was doing is awfully misleading. Noone with any kind of decent skill should be getting it all in with a hand with a 4 in here that loses at showdown to your hand.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm guessing Ac4x. And that's my final answer.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why specifically the ace of clubs??? Why not any other club?? it isn't a monotone board

PokerDave

PokerDave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain can't have 94 because it would be a split pot of two pair with an 8 kicker...

46 OR 47?

norbs286

norbs286

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4,7 - and you both are crazy :)

I love the 6,9 hand, for some reason, it hits a lot for me (when limping bb or sb :D )

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands