Ten Deuce

F

FadedFamous

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else play really aggressive when they get ten deuce like doyle, or just me?

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the game situations in order to be very aggressive on the 1010

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone else play really aggressive when they get ten deuce like doyle, or just me?

Depends a lot on position, pot odds, opponents, etc.

If you have position, you could try pressuring people, your cards actually don't matter if your opponents have high fold equity.
If you have good enough pot odds, you could make the call and see a flop.

But again, if you are UTG, 10 deuce should be an easy fold, there are many players after you so your opening range should be tighter.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would usually fold this hand, 10 2. I am such a tight nit that if everyone folded ahead of me except the blinds, I can steal the blinds with a small raise because people may believe I have a hand since I play so few hands.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TT thinks the probability that It wins at the end is higher than AA.

But It takes all factors into consideration and play.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Sometimes I have, but I've also gotten in trouble with this hand before too :D

I think playing an objectively trash hand like T2 is fine once in a while if situational or for being less predictable; however, you should never be playing a hand like this without considering the possibility that you are really behind.

I know this is obvious, but T2 might be kind of a tough spot if the board is a bit scary for you like say:

KT5 or T88

On the first board example, Tens are solid with middle pair but you might be dominated by Ten with better kicker or if someone holds the King. On the second board, T2 is a nice two-pair hand, but if you are up against say AT, then you might even bust here!

Worse is a flop that looks super promising:

TTQ but any other player with a Ten will probably beat you with the kicker and someone having a Queen is less likely if they are putting up decent resistance/aggression back at you.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know what I like about this hand ? It's easy to turn it into a bluff. For example, you sit at the table for 20-30 minutes without serious actions. This tells your opponents that you are a very tight player and need good cards. But when you show a winning hand with ten deuce, they will be stunned.
I can say that I'm not crazy, I'm just using the Doyle Brunson strategy.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe Doyle has said himself that he would only play this hand heads-up or possibly short-handed.

Usually I would fold T2o unless I was playing every hand, such as on the bubble blind-vs-blind against a mid stack or versus a tight opponent heads-up.

I would play T2s in those situations as well as from both positions heads-up; and also sometimes defending the big blind facing a min-raise if there's an ante.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I fold it almost all the time (only in circunstances where calling with any 2 if profitable that I call with this hand). If you're playing online I recommend you to fold this hand everytime aswell, if you want to have hands to bluff with choose something that at least have some equity like suited two gappers (57s for example).