Taking Notes On Players

P

paulwall01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually give everyone the same respect and make a note of wild and stupid players. Most sites have like a clip note on the icon of the players you have written notes on. So when you are playing if you have identifies 3 stupid players then you see those notes clips and you know that they have loose money.

Y

Yan9130

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
update them if you think the player changed his strategy so I gotta say it depends on the player if he change alot of tactic or not..

sandbender

sandbender

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to check my opponents' ratings and add that to the top of my notes. Several sites offer free checking of a player's stats, and if you're not ready to try poker software, it's an easy way to get the distilled version - whether a player is a shark, a green fish, maniac... Makes it easy to make that decision when a maniac raises allin to your KK!

Try Poker-Edge or Market Pulse - Online Poker Player Search - PokerListings.com

Last edited:
Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a data collection machine. I play a lot of limit ring where I run across the same people a lot (some for years), and I note everything down to the names of their grandkids.
Combine that with PT3, for holdem, and I have significant notes on many players I come across, particularly in forum-related events.
You can't see people online, so those tells are gone, but your notes can be much more extensive than in live play. Notes are essential to success in this game.

E

element2090

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I update em whenever I see em I think its a good habit because you learn as you write and next time you see him youll have him down pat.

janovsky

janovsky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a good site that I found helpful when deciding what notes to take and how.

Player Notes - How to Keep Track of Your Opponents

Thx for the information about taking player-notes caus I wasn`t aware of this at all.
The link above is def. a big help of doing so.
I`m just wondering if it`s possible at every room,or just in a few. And is it in every room the same way to do?(By right-clicking the player?)
This caus I play at Full tilt, Titan, Sunpoker and Everest.
Does anyone know about all these rooms?

H

hurricanebezy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take notes sometimes when I'm in the really big tourneys like the ones on Sunday. Especially if a person at my table is a donk and goes all in preflop with k5 offsuit, then I'll write donk in thier note section

nccali

nccali

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i always not as*-hole's and donk's in a game....try 2 take notes on other's as well...it's hard enough to get a feel for some-1 in on-line poker...bacause in like 4-5 hr's u can have played with like 2-3 hundered diffrent pepole...

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the notes function is an excellent tool especially if you are playing games on the same level...dollar sngs or 10/25cent ring games , whatever the level, you will be seeing some of the same players if you are playing often...you will take notes on those trying to steal pots...those who raise 2 face cards no matter the position, any info you can think of you can refer to in teh future....pay attention most to hands you are not involved in...try and put players on cards as they bet to the showdown and take note of the winning hand and how the player bet it

gl m8

POKERLOVE81

POKERLOVE81

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take notes.. and it helps me to remember against whom I am playing.. and I never update my notes as I alread know who is a donk, or who is a fish, or a good player..:D

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok i just went on the sites and for thos who put my nick in all i have to say is i will not be playing the same way any more on Ultimatebet.
The one site called me a Mouse:eek: and the outer called me a Rock:eek:

well lets see if anyone learn any thing from what the site says :D

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very hard to think notes on some of the tables I have played could provide usefully information. Way to many people to even think of keeping track.

Now for the FR in places like CC, that's different. You tend to get the same crowd time after time. Usefull stuff can be noted there.