Taking beatings

N

Newknight666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you guys deal with that one guy at the table that has your number. Example for me is I played at a local game in town I was chip leader. I played very tight till we got to about 10 players then loosened up. I played queen 10 off got beat by this gentleman. So I tighten back up but he started calling me anytime I played. He said stuff like if I get a pair I'm raising then proceeded to do just that shows the table a pair and he bet with no callers. So I get AK off raise he calls and hits with Q6 off I have to fold to him. But it kept getting worse no matter what I had or how I played the hand he just bluff me off or had me beat. How do you guys handle situations like these? How do you adjust? Do you play tighter, try to avoid them, play looser. Need to figure it out to help patch a flaw in my play.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You have to hit on one of his bluffs and let him bluff harder into you. Then after that you have to bluff him successfully a couple of times. Just be patient.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it was me and I am at a ring game, why not get up, go to the cashier cage, and get yourself a different table. You are there to make money, not give it to a player across from you. If you cannot be king at the table, find a different table that you feel more in control of.