Super System

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing about SS is that it opened the minds of so many players when it first came out.

Well, those minds have been around for a long long time now, and the concepts in there for most players just solidifies stuff they have now figured out for themselves.

However, for a beginner, with less than 100,000 hands under their belts, SS is still valuable, but see if you can borrow a copy from someone.

Don't bother with SS1. SS2 is updated and still contains all the stuff you will find in SS1. That and you can possibly download SS1 for free.

Dan Harrington upended the tourney world with his HoH books. Providing a methodical approach to the game that for a while was the crem'de'la' creme.

Still must reading I think there are newer approaches to the game.

Oddly, a book I return to often is 1000 best poker strategies and secrets by Susie Isaacs. This isn't a how to book tho. It is a reminder of all the stupid habits I personally seem to slip back into, and she sort of slaps me in the face to remind me not to be a donk....... 1000 short paragraphs, with a little strategy in each. Probably been rehashed into other book names as there are many of these 'secrets of the pro's' type titles.