suited hole cards

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to ask the cardschat community what are the odds of getting a flush by the river when playing suited hole cards?:confused: awnser can be in percentage or fraction.i like playing these cards and knowing the odds of connecting might improve my game

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a flush draw on the turn then its what, ~18% chance that the last card will be your suit.

Don't every play cards just because they're suited. A nice rule of thumb I adopted from a wise man is: If you wont play them unsuited, DONT play them suited.

Hofmaster

Hofmaster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with psy0nyd3 . But you have to look, if you got the odds to call a raise over 18%? Are you gonna be paid off if you hit the flush and are other cards may help you to get a winning hand?

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i musnt have expressed my point clearly enough but when i asked for the odds i was looking for the odds as they stand pre flop.i already can calculate odds after the flop and after the turn but i phrased the original post wrong

M

Myclymn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have just under a 1% chance of flopping the flush and just under an 11% chance of flopping two of the suit you are holding. If you flop the "four flush" you have a 35% chance of completing it by the Showdown. So, ignoring the runner-runner flushes, suited cards have roughly a 4.5% chance of becoming a flush.

Here's a link to a chart:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Common-Flop-Odds.html

isohatedis

isohatedis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would thank Myclymn for awnsering my question and also for posting the link which is very helpful and informative

J

johnpoker10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering about the odds myself. Thanks to Myclymn for answering that.