suited connectors

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited connectors win a lot. In fact I just lost a hand with QQ.against unsuited 56, after I raised 10 times the bb utg. Dude called with 56 another player called with 55. flop comes 457 of hearts. I check they both bust all in. I fold. The turn was 8 of hearts. dude with 56 catches a straight flush. I'm not saying that is going to happen everyhand I'm just saying it happens a lot.At ten times the bb he should probably not have played them but he did and won.Everyone plays poker different and some players will not agree with me. But I play suited connectors every hand I get them if the price is right period.
It is only one kind of good poker.
You play suited connectors because of the odds. When to play them is an entire theory like all the other type of hands in poker. Play them preflop for the right price but the art is how to get a lot of money in the pot when they actually hit.
Several tips though. If they do not hit do not bother with the hand postflop trying to get lucky if the odds are wrong. Counts your outs carrefuly and decide if the pott odds are good if you bump in a draw on the flop. Also consider the implied odds when the draw is not obvious .
If you hit do not slowplay . Never. Hitting the flop is good but hitting the absolute nuts is like lottery. If you slowplay your straight, flush in a multyway pot you give good chances to your opponents to catch something better. At micros value your hand. Fish will pay againts the odds trying to get lucky.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice Hand! First of all you had to see the flop with that pathetic raise he made.Then when you raised his bet he should of known his AA was no good. there was a flush draw and a straight on the board I personally would have put you on j9. Either way I would have tossed my AA after the turn.
NH

I thought that was a pretty standard raise size, dont put them on one hand put them on a range of possible hands.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I thought that was a pretty standard raise size,
So did I. It was a $33 freezeout on ipoker.
dont put them on one hand put them on a range of possible hands.
... Unless you're Phil Helmuth ;)

K

kiddaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't help but to raise them as long as I have thje stack to do so.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For all those who play small suited connectors:

What stack size do you need to justify a call and what kind of odds do you look for when deciding to play them?