Studying poker, where to start?

S

SouthernCroix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first part,I'm repetitively new to the game, playing for the first time in March. I've that seen there's a lot of reference to studying poker. At the moment, I pretty comfortable with understanding the absolute basics, position, betting, hand rankings etc. However, Im struggling to understand which concepts I should build upon and develop past that. Is there is a systmatic approach to poker learning? Whats next?

sam888695

sam888695

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out Blackrain79 for micro stakes. He has a lot of great articles for micro stakes players. I've found his articles and info very useful. He has a website by the same name.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In the first part,I'm repetitively new to the game, playing for the first time in March. I've that seen there's a lot of reference to studying poker. At the moment, I pretty comfortable with understanding the absolute basics, position, betting, hand rankings etc. However, Im struggling to understand which concepts I should build upon and develop past that. Is there is a systmatic approach to poker learning? Whats next?
Have you read all the articles on this site?

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play style

Over time you will develop your own style of play. you will have to be very creative, will adapt to the table you are playing

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to go completely free, watch some streams and YouTube videos. If you're willing to spend a little money, buy a couple of books (I love anything written by Jonathan Little), and if you're really willing to shell out then some subscription coaching services start at $5 a week. There is plenty of free material for poker online, pokerstars School is where I'd recommend any true beginner starts.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just joined this forum, and reading articles here can increase my knowledge about poker. And keep playing to get experience.

S

SouthernCroix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you read all the articles on this site?

No I haven't, but what I'm trying to figure out is which is the info presented is progressive, do i start with odds then move to the next?. Theres a vast confluence of intermingled information.

S

SouthernCroix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to go completely free, watch some streams and YouTube videos. If you're willing to spend a little money, buy a couple of books (I love anything written by Jonathan Little), and if you're really willing to shell out then some subscription coaching services start at $5 a week. There is plenty of free material for poker online, PokerStars School is where I'd recommend any true beginner starts.

Cheers I'll check out the school. :)