studying poker

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much time during the day should we study poker?

every professional poker player knows that it is essential for his carrier to be in the best form and is up to date. so how many hours do we need to study during a day or you think you have enough research and it's time for playing?
I myself reading books and visiting sites and strategies everyday and watching videos never stopped for the last 5 years

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe 2-3 hours a day - reading- is a reasonable amount of time, but the more, the better. Playing is part of the studying too, but after knowing the basics. Play money tables is a good tool for practicing, but the real money ones are far better. Tutorials and video lessons are very good as well and you can found it all here in CardsChat.
Good studies and luck.
:icon_stud

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to answer. Everyone has their own capabilities and goals. For me, poker is a hobby, and I usually spend 3-4 hours a week watching videos or reading a book. But it is obvious that a player who does not learn something new will not be able to develop effectively and has no prospects in the future.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Lex Veldhuis a Dutch pro Streamer on Twitch, spends all day Tuesday's studying. He has been a pro for 16 years and still studies every week and personally If any of my family ask me what I would like for Christmas the answer is always the same -- any books on poker you can never have enough.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on how much you had already studied, but the ideal in my opinion would be around 2-3 hours per day. Unfortunately, I can't study that amount of hours daily because I have my job, but every time I can, I read some new book or watch youtube poker videos.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only recently have I started reading my first poker book. I think that the ratio of study to practice should be at least 20/80%. But honestly, I believe that practice is always more important than theory.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been retired for 20 years and I still have enough to do every day that I find if difficult to find time to study. I can't imagine how folks with a job find time and, if they have a family, study time would be hard to find. Since I also try to play at least once a day I found my best option was to use the game time as also study time. If I see a top player, perhaps a pro, in my tournament I'll bring their tabkle up so I can watch some of his/her play. When I finish a hand that catches my "study brain's" attention I will make notes. I then try to find info in my books ir videos that help me with the play my notes covered.

It doesn't replace proper study, I know, but it works well for me. If I learn something I want to remember I add it to a list of notes that I keep by my computer. I read over the list before starting a tournament to remind my old retired brain what pearls of wisdom I have discovered.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no plans to play poker seriously. And there is no time to study. Therefore, I rely on my personal poker experience.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing the key elements in poker is important. After that there's practice.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch the game of professionals on YouTube from time to time. It helps me a little in poker theory. It's a pity I don't have time for more.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I study for a short time but I do it with enthusiasm, at the beginning I studied a lot but now I did not concentrate better for a little time but I concentrate better on what I am studying