kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
there are many things to study about poker that sometimes I get lost and I don't really know what to focus on and when I go to the tables many times I feel that I don't spoil by evolving my question really that I should focus to improve my game that really is one of the most important aspects

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I usually focus on the anticipation of which girls i will spend time on the money won and what delicious food i can buy )))

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many things to study about poker that sometimes I get lost and I don't really know what to focus on and when I go to the tables many times I feel that I don't spoil by evolving my question really that I should focus to improve my game that really is one of the most important aspects

Thank U 4 Posting.

The quote "poker is easy to learn but takes a lifetime to master" is very true, so many of us get lost at times. It is good that you are seeking help. It is all any of us can do.

Precision is the skill one has to have to be great at poker. At any skill level we must know what to do and how to grow precisely.

How does one learn to be precise?

It begins with intense focus.

Your post is an example of not being focused, therefore not being precise. A dozen members may answer this post with many different types of answers. Some of those answers may refer to skills you already have. So your growth will be limited to trying to interpret what might help you, not what will help you now.

So skills wise you have to assess what you are good at now, then find one strategy that will improve on a skill you have now or add one new skill to your game. Just one.

At this moment what do you know?

Hand selection? In all Positions? Linear hand strength vs Hand Ranges?
Positional advantage? 3bet linear hand selection- 3 bet hand ranges from late position? SB- BB hand ranges?
Do you know what a hand range is?
bluffing? Frequencies- board texture attacks- player types to attack regardless of holdings?

Villain reads?
Note Taking?
Data analysis from note taking?

ETC?
ETC?
ETC?

There is no one quick fix. As the saying goes "the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step".

You must know where you are now to take the next step in the right direction. Then post asking us what is the best step forward when I am here and be able to explain to us where here is.

Hope this helps
:):)

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are going to play poker, you need to focus on what you do, because if you do not have to lose

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since do you think so?

"When the turn has come, how many people are on the table now?" I suggest you be stuffing a gambling method into a subject.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to study poker, you should focus first on studying your table rivals, then try to have a style of play against their weaknesses, it is important to know and be clear about how to play preflop and post flop, it will give you greater advantage in front of your rivals, read poker articles too, download the poker tables to know what hands to play in a certain position, luck

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

i focus on one thing i use hud to go over hand history and work out how coulda played differently in situations i have come across... i take often a day a week to go over my play sometimes im lazy and is a day every couple weeks etc...

is more for me about when timing wise i shoulda made a move based on stack..... i am a person whom doesnt mind being shortstacked from 40th to 4th lol i can absolutely play that way and win....

sometimes i miss though other times i make a move too early.... these are the things i go over..... why i missed when i shoulda made a move and why i made a move I shouldnt have so HOPEFULLY the next time i get it right :)

Danjwarburton

Danjwarburton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a process to learning and it is fairly straight forward.

Cash Games are a great place to start. You can reload easily, you learn about fat value and play level 1 poker which is the cards you have in your hand. The first stage is to become a NIT or SuperTight and Aggressive. Play the easy to play hands and learn to break even.

Stage 2 is where you open up and learn level 2 poker which is Positional play. You learn about button + cutoff openraising and stealing from them positions. You play more hands in certain positions but still rely on a simple fit or fold strategy postflop.

Stage 3 is where you start playing the player with Explotitive Poker. You involve Continuation betting most flops as a way to start manipulating the player infront of you. Most of poker ends up being in this stage where you learn to play not just cards or position, but the people on the table.

Stage 4 is Defensive Poker. You learn how to be close to Game Theory Optimal blocking opponents from manipulating you in stage 3 poker. This you shouldn't worry about for years!

It's fairly simple, it depends on how well you perform each stage.

Hit me up a message if anyone wants some help with this...

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're just starting out in poker, or never really studied before, I would approach studying in the same way you play a hand; pre-flop -> flop -> turn -> river.

Pre-flop, you need to be focusing on position, opening ranges, 3-bet and 4-bet strategies, etc.. It's important to study and play and analyse your play. Analysis is probably the most important part. It's all well and good reading up and understanding what you're reading, but if you not putting it into practice, you will certainly have leaks in your game that you're not plugging. Critical and honest analysis of the state of your game is key.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you aren't sure what mistakes you make or in which areas to improve a great step to help you would be to share hand histories that you played with better players.
They can help you identify your mistakes easily and direct you on solutions.

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

This is highly dependent on how far along you are. If you are just getting started, focus on the mechanics of the game and basic strategy, primarily starting cards. If you are a bit further along, you might want to start working on something else. This was my order, roughly:

1. Bet sizing and pot odds (implied odds, reverse implied odds).
2. Positional play
3. Putting people on hands.
4. Looking for weak players.
5. Table selection
6. tells and body language.

Note that the 'tells' part is at the bottom. Most people who THINK they know about poker think that this is the most important part, when, in fact, it is much less important than the mathematical aspect.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Try starting with these 4 videos

Preflop
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUVQGobSCQY&t=1186s[/ame]

Postflop
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH45e91Nk8E&t=961s[/ame]

How to study
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UEAtBpSd2s&t=1994s[/ame]

Poker Ranges in depth
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj9DnuoeckE&t=2628s[/ame]

If you want more just drop by my youtube channel. Have over 600 videos there :)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the best tip i ever got was:

Poker is not a card game. It is a betting game !

I often see that people fold a hand in the small blind when 5 or 6 people limped in before them. Even very weak cards are a call in that situation with the superb pot-odds offered. Sure... you probably have the worst hole cards of all players, but that isn't important. What counts is if the risk / reward ratio is positive or negative for you.

Positional play is another aspect of this way of thinking about poker. How "good" your hole cards are isn't set in stone. It also depends on your position and the type of players in front and after you. If it is folded to you in the samll blind and the player in the big blind is playing extremly tight then you can buy the pot a lot of times by making a raise, regardless of your cards, because the BB will only call with top cards, which he doesn't have most of the time...

The importance of different concepts is getting much clearer once you stop thinking in terms of "card game". You don't play your cards. You play your chips!

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think the most important thing is to be a patient player and play only with strong cards, using your position at the table.
Good luck.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find an explanation for each of your actions, and try to understand the actions of your opponent, see more how good players play, take something new from them for yourself:)

7CardKillR

7CardKillR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pick a specified position or situation. consider its components and specifics. figure out how best to drill yourself on it. then do so

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focus on the other players. You can quickly see who is bluffing more often and at what time. You have to be lucky to stay at the table with that person.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't drink alcohol if you want to make the right decisions. This also applies to any other situation. But if you do decide to tip a couple of glasses, remember that the main thing is measure. If you know that controlling the amount you drink is not about you, don't drink at all. Poker is a game that requires you to be alert at all times.