Study advice for a beginner

lollipopas

lollipopas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I've been watching and rewatching Cardschat course videos, and asking about some hands I played, but I would also like to supplement it with some books.
So could you give me advice on, say, first 5 books to read/ top 5 most useful books?
I read some Theory of Poker by Sklansky (still need to get back to it and finish), then moved on to Harrington On Hold'em, currently finishing up Vol 2.
What would be good few books to read next?
I'm playing online, mostly MTTs, but also interested in SNGs and would like to try cash games but a little uncomfortable with those at the moment.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
I've been watching and rewatching Cardschat course videos, and asking about some hands I played, but I would also like to supplement it with some books.
So could you give me advice on, say, first 5 books to read/ top 5 most useful books?
I read some Theory of Poker by Sklansky (still need to get back to it and finish), then moved on to Harrington On Hold'em, currently finishing up Vol 2.
What would be good few books to read next?
I'm playing online, mostly MTTs, but also interested in SNGs and would like to try cash games but a little uncomfortable with those at the moment.

Thank U 4 posting

Books are great to read but the game is adapting faster than the older books can keep up.

So I recommend you follow a coach, we have one here on cardschat who focuses on MTT
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/ask-evan-jarvis-anything-about-learning-432679/

He has a training bundle offer which includes reading material. He also does great twitch broadcasts of his play with coaching included.

Hope this helps

B

blazer1027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 posting

Books are great to read but the game is adapting faster than the older books can keep up.

So I recommend you follow a coach, we have one here on cardschat who focuses on MTT
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/ask-evan-jarvis-anything-about-learning-432679/

He has a training bundle offer which includes reading material. He also does great twitch broadcasts of his play with coaching included.

Hope this helps

This is looks like a great resource.

lollipopas

lollipopas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 posting

Hope this helps

Thanks, I will check it out! I watched a couple streams a while ago, but it just kind of put me off, with the person not really explaining much and just chatting about random stuff. There was a coaching session I also watched which was better, so I do understand there's so many streamers/coaches, I just need to sample some more, there's definitely good ones out there that I'll find more fitting for me.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks, I will check it out! I watched a couple streams a while ago, but it just kind of put me off, with the person not really explaining much and just chatting about random stuff. There was a coaching session I also watched which was better, so I do understand there's so many streamers/coaches, I just need to sample some more, there's definitely good ones out there that I'll find more fitting for me.

Thank you for posting

I recommend Evan (griped) Jarvis because of all the teaching he does not just his stream. Check out his YouTube channel - he sells training materials- he is a coach on pokercoaching,com as well

Take a deep dive into what he offers it may be very beneficial to you

:)