Study

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We were talking earlier about time spent playing v time spent studying. What is your study routine? Do you have a routine? Is study primarily a reflection of your play and used as basic maintenance or a fix of your play? Do you only study when you feel like you need to fix a leak?

Do you ever get to the point where you feel like you are overanalyzing things and stop studying? Come back when tou need it?

Myself,...

I read poker books leisurely like picking up a novel because it interests me. Same with watching wsop, WPT, etc...

Typically I routinely go over the week's hands grouped by holdem manager 2. Also staying fresh on sample hands and pot odds are typical if I've been laxed in my play about using them or if I have used them dilligently I practice odds math less if at all.

I guess study is all about habit, am I right? Building the good and getting out the garbage.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study should be used to improve our game, as if we don't improve our game but everyone we play against does we've effectively got worse.

My study will start with a hand history review looking for leaks or areas I could improve my game. Once I know what I want to work on I will then seek out relevant material on that area and study it(as opposed to just reading or watching it) I then try and implement what I've learnt into my game and then review my play focusing on what I'm trying to implement once I'm happy that I've successfully fixed leak or added to my skillset I'll look at what I want to improve next.