strong hands

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the strong hand that they would play the least in CO, SB and BB?

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Entirely depends on the player, his opponents, the number of players on the table, the stack size(s), action before their turn, etc. There is no definite anwer. Position is just one of many variables.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. You could see some preflop ranges charts to give you advice, but position is just one of many variables.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, it should be said that you play completely different hands in the blinds than in CO and BU. Because after the flop you play out of position when you were in the blinds preflop. Playing out of position has a number of disadvantages. You can't play your good hands as profitably and with medium hands like AT on an AJ7s flop you can lose a lot of chips because you don't know where you stand. You're opponent could easily have AJ+ and dominates you. If no one raised I would call in the blinds with a relatively large number of hands because I don't have to pay a lot when I'm in the SB. If there was no raise I would call with AT +, face cards, A2s + and suited connectors. If someone raises in front of me and I'm in the blinds, I fold almost everything except TT +, AK. With JJ +, AK, of course, I raise from any position. In late position (CU, BU) when nobody raised in front of me, I also raise with weaker hands such as face cards, AT +, A2s + and suited connectors. So maybe I can steal the blinds and even if someone calls I don't have the worst hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands